• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

An interesting 67 Charger

RedBeard

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:27 PM
Reaction score
Found this car for sale on Craigslist. Any interest?

1706557005489.png

I would much rather have a right hand drive 66-67 Charger in another country outside of the United States over an Australian Charger....

Glove box door has hole for other side use.

PW- cool.

NZ to ND was probably a pricey ride.

What are the other specs and price?

Cool! AA1 silver, PW, very neat. Not sure why you'd send it all the way back here though

I would be interested in seeing how they did the switch with the dash, since we know that the gauges have "cut-outs" in the dash. Possibly used a Coronet dash frame?

00S0S_i0wFN6V3kme_0MM132_1200x900.jpg

00Q0Q_i0DNRZLfaMh_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00000_eHCIoGyuFap_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00U0U_kijrPWJSh1Z_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
01616_8PNyi02tMoj_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00I0I_4FAyckOrdNv_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00R0R_a9pOVqRtMpV_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00y0y_bXY40kvrbgk_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
01212_2WgSZdTdVb2_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

A good friend recently passed away and I am helping his widow sell his project car, a 1967 Dodge Charger. The Charger was converted from left hand drive to right hand drive between 1967 and 1970 in New Zealand. It is believed to be the only right hand drive 1967 Dodge Charger in existence. The car was bought at auction in 2006 by my friend at Spring Carlisle. At the time of the purchase in 2006, the car had received new paint and new upholstery. The 1967 Charger originally came from the factory with a 383 CID 4-barrel carburetor. The car now has a 440 CID with 4-barrel carburetor hooked to what is believed to be the original 3 speed automatic transmission. I do not know if it has a ‘sure grip’ rear differential. Shortly after my friend bought the car in 2006 he stored it inside of his garage. His intention was to restore the vehicle to show quality. Unfortunately, my friend was not able to complete his quest and now the vehicle must go to someone else to complete the task. This car is very rust free and has very straight panels. The interior is excellent. The engine, engine compartment, and trunk are very nice and show rust free, in general. All parts have been carefully labeled to aid in reinstalling them. The 440 motor does turn by hand. All parts to put the car back together appear to be present upon my recent inspection. Along with the car, a 5’x10’ RINGO enclosed trailer is included the sale price. The trailer is believed to be about 10 years old. The car with all parts and dedicated tools plus enclosed trailer is being offered at $29,900/best offer.

66ChargerHI-PO this is got your name on it Eric:poke::drinks:

I'd like it but my first thought would be to make it left handed.

But I don't like silver.

Not sure why the trailer is included?
Maybe all the parts are in there I suppose.

I'd like it but my first thought would be to make it left handed.

But I don't like silver.

Not sure why the trailer is included?
Maybe all the parts are in there I suppose.
That is what I was thinking but maybe package deal to get rid of the "big" items.

The trailer is worth bucks to a bike guy, or what have you. Maybe 8 grand plus up here?

Edit* I wonder of the fender tag is in the parts container

Aussies and Kiwi's do it.

I'd be a player at about 14K.

So, is there even any production numbers or information from Chrysler / Mopar mentioning any R/H Drive B-Bodies? Sure 1st gen Charger's, but 60's B-Bodies in general?

So, is there even any production numbers or information from Chrysler / Mopar mentioning any R/H Drive B-Bodies? Sure 1st gen Charger's, but 60's B-Bodies in general?
Good question. This one as stated in the description was "flipped" in the early years of life.

Good question. This one as stated in the description was "flipped" in the early years of life.
I'd be super interested in seeing photos of the swap. Hows the gauge cluster? Simply moved to the other side? Or does there exist an actual R/H style setup? Custom heater box? Master cylinder is on the right side, so... Steering box / mounting? I mean the rest of the front suspension shouldn't be different....

All the harnesses / hoses could easily be lengthened, but the change in mounting everything is what I'm most interested in. Definitely a unique car.

Auto Transport Service
Back