• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

An unusual combo

ckessel

Local time
1:56 AM
Reaction score
I saw this 69 yesterday morning at the Pismo Beach cars n coffee Saturday get together. 318, 3 on the tree. A guy from the UK had just picked this up. Somewhat local car with Vandenberg base tags on the windshield.

IMG_3810.jpeg

I saw this 69 yesterday morning at the Pismo Beach cars n coffee Saturday get together. 318, 3 on the tree. A guy from the UK had just picked this up. Somewhat local car with Vandenberg base tags on the windshield.

View attachment 1523326
I am the original owner of an F3 Light Green Metallic '69 Charger (383 HP, 4-speed). Even when the cars were common on the road, I only ever saw one other car the same color and it had a vinyl top (which I don't have). Never saw one with a chrome (?) strip or any other stripe on the side. Can't say (in my opinion) that it makes the car even more beautiful.

That crappy body side molding was a popular add on accessory back in the day. Some were stick on,others were aluminum channels riveted to the sides of the car with a plastic strip inserted in the channels, which is what this Charger appears to have on it.

I remember those “ parking lot dent preventer” molding being a big thing on the seventies cars. It seemed like most had them. Never liked how they looked. Like they just slapped on a molding.

I had them on my Camaro. The 70-81 Camaros had a ridge at the middle of the horizontal body line that was a magnet for dings.
This moldings look crappy on slab sided cars.
They don’t look good on bulgy body styles like the 68-70 Chargers either.

THANKS for taking the picture the right way as opposed to the majority of dipshits that take pictures vertically.
I was at a drag race/Car show on Saturday and the overwhelming majority of people were idiots, recoding vertical video and pictures of cars.
Sure, vertical/portrait mode is great for pictures of rocket launches, skyscrapers, giraffes and tall people but for horizontal shapes and landscapes, do it right. Rotate the phone 90 degrees.

Plus you can correct the photo with a rotation feature. This car reminded me of another odd combo I saw back in the late 80's or early 90's. E-body convert, /6, sublime green, white top/interior.

Green was a popular color in the late 60’s early 70’s. Folks had two green T-Birds, a 60 and 66. Like, not like thing. I liked certain shades on the mopars (and old vette’s). Darker like the Mannix Cuda, and Bullitt Stang. Something quite appealing to me anyway about the color I’d select if having the opportunity.

Cool car (?) could be,
looks to be a solid car, I don't mind that color

318 w/3 on the tree, that is strange in a midsize muscle car
probably weak *** 7-1/4" rear (maybe a 8 3/4") with 2.76:1 gears too

needs to ditch them fugly skinny *** 14" wheels & dull faded hubcaps
put some nice rolling stock on it, lil' wider & taller, make a huge difference
(put them org.s in the garage for someone who wants an OE look)

but to each their own, sorry

I never liked that plastered-on/or dealer-installed body side
(shopping cart dent preventer) moldings, ruins the lines

I'm one to go cool car, what gets tossed first for upgrades?

Auto Transport Service
Back