• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

and it begins

badblack68

Local time
12:09 AM
Reaction score
Put the 67 GTX up on stands today. Going to go through all the mechanicals as this car has been sitting for a while. One score was finding the original broadcast sheet under the bottom rear seat! We also figured out the dana 60 in this car has 4:10's in it. The car only has 55,000 miles and was raced for a while. So far we found a split brake line on the drivers side rear. Looks like when it was tied down for transport the chain or strap pulled down on that brake line and split it just before the fitting that threads into the wheel cylinder. The brakes had recently been worked on by the previous owner. The drums are all freshly turned and it has all new brake shoes. I also found a coupling in the brake line that runs from the valve on the front frame rail to the rear brake hose. So to make a long story short, the brake system will be brought up to 100% and then we'll work on the suspension.
393352868.jpg

Thats a pretty clean GTX...I found no broadcast sheet in mine,,,Is the two tone paint original?
Petty Blue 67 GTX

The pic was taken with my wifes telephone. The car is dark green which looks black in the picture. The car also has a black vinyl top. The car is nearly complete. The interior floors and trunk floor have NO rust. The lower quarters have had some crappy work done and the lower trunk extensions are wasted. I bit the bullitt and purchased a set of nos trunk extensions and I'm hoping AMD speeds up the release of the lower rear quarter panels that are rumored to be in the pipeline. For now a complete mechanical restoration is in order. It's very tempting to just strip the car to a shell and do a complete resto but we want to drive the car on a daily basis next summer and make improvements as we go along. The 4:10 dana 60 may get removed and replaced with an 8 3/4 with a highway gear ratio. No, the dana 60 isn't for sale unless someone puts 2K in my hand...LOL!

Sounds like you have a great car!

I'm wondering for the price of getting an 8-3/4 together if you can just get some 3.54's and a bearing kit for the Dana and have them set up?

Auto Transport Service
Back