• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Angle Spark Plug Heads that work with Patriot Headers

69 Charger Mark

Local time
12:46 AM
Reaction score
I bought ceramic coated Jegs / Patriot headers a couple of years ago and they worked fine with my stock heads on my 69 Charger, HP 440, 4sp 3.55 posi. Looking to rebuild the engine in the spring and was going to go with aluminum heads. Does anyone know if there are spark plug clearance issues if you use angle plug heads with these headers. I really do not want to drop the money on the TTI's if I do not have to. It's a street car although I might have to take it to the strip just once to shut up my best friend and his LS1 SSR. Thanks. --------- Mark.

I run a set of patriots on my 400 block with aluminum heads. I know not the same as 440. That said, I used head shields and MSD wires that bend to where I need them. The headers clear every plug. I’d like to say with no problem but the passenger side sucks to replace! It takes twice as long as drivers side. But it puts me in the garage outta the house so a win there sometimes.. hope it helps

XP29H which head are you running and are they the angle spark plug type? Thanks. ----------- Mark.

I believe Edelbrock E Street heads will work with most headers, They have angle plugs but are only 15 degrees.

I believe Edelbrock E Street heads will work with most headers, They have angle plugs but are only 15 degrees.
Jackpot Jim, I had looked at those but you have to run a flat tappet cam with them. I was looking to upgrade to a roller cam when I make the switch but it looks like all the aftermarket heads have the angle plugs which I'm hearing will not work with my patriot / Jegs headers. I really don't want to drop $750 for TTI's if I don't have to. Thanks for the feedback. ------------ Mark.

Auto Transport Service
Back