• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Annoying TV ads part 15

Top of the list is just about anything with children in it.
Particularly used as a marketing tool.
(I make an exception for the Shriners Children's hospital.)
But the Kars4Kids song should be outlawed.

And for those in the country not graced with Publix stores, I offer them as an alternative to sticking one's finger down their throat.
Best described as unwaveringly sappy.
I can spot them as soon as they come on TV.
Just do a search.
https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/entertainment/2023/09/13/publix-commercials-florida-thanks-chris-dad-ad-grocery-stores-fathers-mothers-day/70820939007/
Florida’s tender-hearted have all been there: You’re relaxing in your living room, watching “The Bachelor” or “Monday Night Football” and all of a sudden, Publix makes you cry.
The Florida-based grocery store chain has not only wiggled its way into our hearts with delicious fried chicken, delectable deli items and fluffy sheet cakes, but with its commercials as well.
Whether it’s a tender moment shared between soulmates, a heart-warming connection between a woman and her step-dad or any of the other Hallmark-worthy moments Publix has shared with us, its advertising team knows how to tug on heartstrings.
Here is a roundup of some of the most emotional Publix ads we’ve seen, ranked from the most tears cried to the least.
What is the new 'Thanks, Chris' Publix commercial about?
If you’ve turned a TV on in Florida within the last three weeks, you’ve probably seen or heard the new Publix commercial that has step daughters across TikTok in tears.
Publix’s new commercial shows clips of moments between a stepdad and his stepdaughter throughout the years. Each moment shown is marked with a “Thanks, Chris,” until we see her at her wedding.
Her stepdad, Chris, tells her she looks beautiful and she answers him with a “Thanks, Dad.”
Grab some tissues before you watch this one.

I record nearly everything I want to watch. Then I play the recording and fast forward past commercials. Problem solved.

..and yes, WE KNOW THERE'S A PROBLEM WITH THE WATER AT CAMP LEJEUNE....

I miss the days when ads were for local biz; ma and pa restaurants; car dealers; and other TV shows.

Now, everything is about this pill or that shot or those vaccines...30 second ads that are 10 seconds about the product and 20 seconds of "fine print" that tell you how much additional damage the pill/shot/vaccine can cause if you take it!

I heard that William Shatner closed his lingerie company. Apparently Shatner Panties wasn't a big hit.

William Shatner has a new Starship Enterprise,and this thing scoots! To boldly go where no man has gone before!

visit-california-dreamers-featuring-william-shatner-large-5.jpg

68 Charger RT Wheels up at Bakerfield.jpg

Yeah… those weird ads to reduce butt stench for 3 days…
What scumbag uses that stuff to avoid showering? Shouldn’t those ads be targeted to the French in Quebec??
:rofl: I think the big money would be targeting the real French, back in France!
Kudos for being well traveled though!

I record nearly everything I want to watch. Then I play the recording and fast forward past commercials. Problem solved.

Most of the time, I just have the TV on as background noise. Most of the shows that I really pay attention to are car related.

Certain "mom jeans" on "certain" moms work, but those ads do suck.

That woman gives me thoughts.

the jewelry store commercial with the broad singing "I'm gonna love you" makes me want to go potal! :BangHead::mad::elmer::elmer::elmer:

At the very least, that woman has a good voice.
Biz Markie selling Whoppers? Screw that noise...

Every time a pharma ad mentions a side effect of "suicidal thoughts"...
Who here thinks it might be a bad idea to give a clinically depressed person any chance of having induced suicidal thoughts?
"Here... take this for your abdominal cramps, but it may make you want to jump off a bridge."

Has anyone noticed the same commercials being played twice ?
doesn't matter which company/channel, it's freaken' annoying,
on each break, constantly
on most the cars/outdoor/guns/golf shows
on MotorTrend, History, Discovery, Outdoor Sports Net, Golf,
even on Fox & ABC during UFL football games
I usually DVR them
I still hear it when my dad watches TV (12-14+ hrs a day straight)
in the next room...

On a serious note.... I loathe that albino-face thing "Flo" on that loathsome insurance company commercial.

At the very least, that woman has a good voice.
Biz Markie selling Whoppers? Screw that noise...

the singing starts the very first second of the commercial with zero lead time....... there is no way to avoid it, and it pisses me off and makes me nauseous all at the same time........ getting old sucks, but I certainly don't miss all that hormonal crap

Auto Transport Service
Back