• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another 5.7 swap Question

Has anyone bought a kit from plum floored? I seen a kit for about 2100 (Basic kit) that seemed to have everything needed. I didn't see the pickup tube but the pan was listed. Just wondered if anyone here had experience with them.

From what I have seen and heard I would run way the hell away from that clown. I have heard nothing but bad about this guy. No, I don't have any first hand experience with him but a local guy doing the swap ordered some stuff from there. I do t know how much he spent but he never got anything from them and they never answered the phone or returned calls or emails. Eventually got his bank involved and got some of his money back. This thread below has some first hand info in it.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=153712&highlight=Plum+floored

Thank you . That is a good thing about these sites. Very good information.

just my 2 cents, i used an 06 hemi truck pcm with factory harness. modified the factory harness and used the 06 pcm, works just fine. i dont know why people say it has to be an 05pcm

Did you use the hemi truck trans too? Did you have the ecu reflashed?

The 05' pcm allows for greater tuning and is the easiest to reflash.

Yea, arrington flashed the 06 pcm. Gave them engine specs and said it's for a stand alone setup. Was $350

I am re-thinking my 68 Charger GenIII project (kind of) Anyone putting the new hemi in a 72 charger? I have a 72 charger with the rallye package. Are the issues any different as far as install modifications in putting the Gen III in this car. It is so much closer to being ready than my 68. Very limited body work to be done. Kind of kicking around selling my 68 and just putting my hemi in the 72. I am getting a little long in the tooth for all the projects I have. And although I like the 68 body better the 72 rallye is a good looking car as well.

Auto Transport Service
Back