• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Fender tag question

Roger63

Local time
6:05 AM
Reaction score
There is a individual here locally that is advertising a 72 roadrunner gtx for sale. Is there supposed to be a code on the fender tag designating gtx option?
Screenshot_20211102-055402_Facebook.jpg

Well thanks I just wanted to check as there are a few things that don't match the fender tag. Tag says blue color with blue bench seat interior. The car Is red with black bucket seats and floor shift and half vinyl top.

Tag is riveted instead of screwed???

H41 strat-o-vent

Well thanks I just wanted to check as there are a few things that don't match the fender tag. Tag says blue color with blue bench seat interior. The car Is red with black bucket seats and floor shift and half vinyl top.

Given the major discrepancies with the color and trim and the tag is riveted on meaning someone has messed with it it...be sure to check the body numbers to the tag. Does the tag match the VIN plate?

Given the major discrepancies with the color and trim and the tag is riveted on meaning someone has messed with it it...be sure to check the body numbers to the tag. Does the tag match the VIN plate?
That I don't know, but given what you folks saw I'm not even going to go look at it.

It's got an A/C dash.

Stratovent dash does not have driver's side vent to the left of steering wheel.

However, it doesn't look like an AC firewall.

Could have been painted by someone that liked V2/F5 more than B5.

Buckets and console are easy to swap.

Check the body numbers.

Might be a good deal.

No partial vinyl tops on that year GTX if I recall correctly. The choice was no vinyl top or full vinyl top for the GTX.

Last edited:
Color change, seat change, the half vinyl top to me seems a bit much too me. I would walk away.

Is that even the correct 440 valve cover for a '72 road runner GTX??

Run away!

Yes it is.

Stratovent insert has the two center vents only and no outboard vents.

28 is a bit much for all that non OEM work and what I'd call "OK" driver condition, even if it is a real 440 car per the body stampings.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back