• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another good guy alert thread

hunt2elk

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:51 PM
Reaction score
This one goes out to Randy aka 1 Wild R/T. He posted a pic in Richs' 5-speed conversion thread a couple weeks ago about a tool he fabricated to make measuring bellhousing runout easier. I made a comment that I wouldn't mind having one of my own. Look what showed up in my mailbox today. I'll get to try it out in a couple months when my new motor for the Bee is completed. Anyway, a big thank you to one of the class A guys on this forum.

20231028_134003.jpg

20231028_134010.jpg

I agree.
That dude has stepped up to help me solve problems many times. If I knew any strippers, I’d pay for a few lap dances for that guy.

That’s funny, saying ya don’t know any strippers!

I knew strippers when I was in my 30s.
Nobody wants to see those women 20+ years later.

Momma got pissed off enough when Stu Harmon had a girl in a Lime Green Bikini pose with my Challenger years ago.... No Strippers!!! Please!! LOL...

Glad to pass it along, gave me a reason to make version 2.0.... A couple minor changes..

I agree.
That dude has stepped up to help me solve problems many times. If I knew any strippers, I’d pay for a few lap dances for that guy.

I definitely pay attention when he posts tech stuff and advice.
That was a very nice thing you did Randy.... and a nice thing that you would do Greg.:lol:

Attaboy-Logo.png
Yeah, I gotta learn how to do that this winter since I'm going to be swapping out Fred's clutch...again.
None of the affected components "match" one another, so I'm sure it's going to be way outta whack.
How's that gizmo work, anyways?

How's that gizmo work, anyways?
Un-screw one flywheel to crank bolt... Screw in the long bolt, lock it down by tightening the nut... slip the sleeve with the indicator attached over the long bolt, position it so the indicator is 90 degrees the crankshaft, lock the sleeve by tightening the little socket head cap screw... adjust the indicator for the best alignment & tighten the last two bolts... Sweep the bore & take your readings... It's a good idea to repeat the sweep to verify repeatability... Which is the whole point of the tool, it's solid, doesn't move around therefore repeats consistently...

Hey Randy....Do you have anything to fix high gas prices and bad breath?

You should patent that thing, Randy. Well Done! Then people can say things to you like; "I like your tool Randy!" That would really get the word out! You'd be a celebrity.
:thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back