• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another green 66 Hemi Charger on BaT

1657737568386.png

There was a guy on FB that restored what looks like this particular car. Oscar leech.
It was one of the fastback groups, the whole restoration was detailed.
He said he was building it to sell. I'm guessing the current guy bought it from him

Wow, hard to imagine finding the basic Hemi car - a Charger no less - for a reasonable amount, restoring it to that level, even with mostly his own labor, all with the intent of selling it for a profit. if he can do that, you’re a better man than I am, Gunga Din. I wish him good luck.

Wow, hard to imagine finding the basic Hemi car - a Charger no less - for a reasonable amount, restoring it to that level, even with mostly his own labor, all with the intent of selling it for a profit. if he can do that, you’re a better man than I am, Gunga Din. I wish him good luck.
It sounded like that was his thing. Not really a Mopar guy though.
I'm assuming he saw the word HEMI and thought that's his meal ticket.

I recall he had the whole back interior in it, and I asked how he was going to get the rear window in.
He advised me that, he restores cars,, he knows what he's doing
:rofl:

Right side, front end accident. Lower bar is wavy

Nice car - looks pretty nice
Is it me or does the block look like it was repaired ?

AF20309D-407C-4D7B-9ED5-F28A28A7202C.jpeg

Less than a day left and last bid in low 60s. They posted a video and some more underside photos of the car.

Im not a 1st gen Charger by any means.
But I like the color combo pretty well

Hit $85k which was below reserve. Some drama in final hours over build sheet and protector plate that were displayed but turned out to not be for this car. Seems like a pretty strong price for the car - makes one wonder what the reserve was.

I like the build quality from what you can see. I expect there will be driveablity issues as with any internet car. At $85k you have to figure another $5-$10k making the car driveable so then you have to consider what else is at that price point. I owned a 66 Hemi Coronet for quite awhile and it would have been a ton easier to sell a Hemi swapped later car than that real 66 for the same money.
I love this Green Hemi Charger but you have to buy smart with these cars.

was a 1966 Hemi 4 spd car sold at an auction in Florida I believe and it went over 100k

IMO strong money for a 1st gen charger

This car was for sale last year at 95K.

He was probably basing his reserve on this one.

1966 Dodge Charger 426 Hemi 4-Speed

I didn’t remember this unrestored Hemi going for this much - $110k. A lot of originality but missing some parts and showing 50+ years of grime underneath.

Auto Transport Service
Back