• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Mopar Graveyard Turns Up

Although I agree that a "collection" status is not dependent on the condition...

...I also hate to see them rusting away to nothing.

The ones I have that I consider "savable" are either in a garage stall or at least a pole barn or carport.

In fact I am currently at capacity. (curses)

Eh, just cars....and to become whatever the owner wants.

- - - Updated - - -

The market is flooded with cars that are in great shape, driveable, and ready to enjoy, so unless you're really a glutton for punishment, why buy a rough project car that's not rare or very desirable? I imagine the number of folks who want to go to that level of effort these days is getting really small.

People aren't getting any smarter or wealthy. Ya gotta wonder how many unfinished/"over their heads" cars are out there. Most people have no idea what it takes to make a pile of crap, nice.

Glad you guys like the article. If you want to see all the pictures from the yard.... I've got them!

the words Hoarder or {Obsessive Compulsive Disorder of some sort}
or Hoarding comes to mind, more than Barn Find or Collection really...

As cool as it is to see & hear about...

I hope she can get some decent money out her late husband's obsession,
there are some great parts & a few cars that could & should be probably saved...

Sorry I call it/say it as I see it, for what it really is...
IMO It's Sad;
I wonder the shape of some when they were 1st parked/stored/hoarded/collected ??
I know they were just used cars at one time, it's still a damn shame,
but you can't save them all !!
I hope some go to a worthy & caring new homes too...

IMO I would tell/advise her;
She should have an auction & contact an auction outlet to help her,
for a fee out of the proceeds of course...
Good deal for both parties & help people who need parts or
those that want to resurrect the cars that are still maybe/possibly savable still... {get a tetanus shot}

If nothing else the property value will go up dramatically,
when cleaned up & stuff sold off...
I know that sounds cold blooded, but it's the reality & basic truth...

I "actually" wish her the best of luck, honestly...
I'm sure there are many, many widows/families/heirs,
that have to eventually deal with these types of issues all the time,
especially with the estates...
Albeit maybe not cool Mopar, parts or car related...

Just watch History Channel's,
American Pickers you see it all the time, all over the country,
most or much of their "so called collections", are rotted, weathered,
worn or basic junk/scrap by the time they are paid any attention too...
"Most people" don't see these collections/hoards as rusty gold,
or will pay good money, like Mike & Frank do either...

It's Sad really...

One mans junk is another mans treasure, collection/hoard/stash/stuff...LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvgN5gCuLac

I have bought parts from this yard in question. The fellow that owned it and passed away was a fellow racer and yes he sold things and parts everyday. He was a good guy and had a lot of well known racers for good everyday friends. I even took my wife to this yard to meet him and his collection on our honeymoon and we had a good time there getting parts for my 68 Hemi Cuda and a friends 64 Fury. He always hired in some locals to keep the weeds down and it was a well kept yard. He has passed on now and his family is still selling parts off the cars in the yard. It is a business and their livelyhood. There are other Mopar yards in the same area that are not open to the public, and the cool thing about them is the only way you can see them is by air plane.

Auto Transport Service
Back