• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another new Mopar guy to the ranks

Go through batteries is my opinion.I was get 3 to and half years out of a battery. Costco was REAL good to me full warranty on 2 batteries and a 75% on another.
I've had great luck with the Mopar batteries in my new vehicles for the last 30 years. I'd like to get one for this car. I don't mean a retro but a new sealed one from the dealer.

Haven't been out this year my laziness. H-pipe exhaust leak and carb tuning. Carb tuning is tomorrow I hope. I pumped last years gas out, even though it had stabilizer in it. H-pipe is new but they cut the tubes cockeyed. Driver's seals OK passengers leaks. Need to straighten out carb first. At 72 the fat man doesn't like crawling under cars, even my toys.

Well it did it to me again, out for a cruise on a warm New England day, and wouldn't start after a 30 minute walk through a store. Battery didn't have enough sack to turn it over to start. Recently replaced ECU but noticed car has a contact style voltage regulator. Homework tells me electronic ignition should have an electronic voltage regulator, but the car was running with contact style VR when I bought it and a 100 miles or less of driving since I bought it. Though I did observe ampmeter barely charging during the ride at idle or highway. I got a meter and some electrical trouble shooting, where do I go chasing this?
Thanks
In a thread a member mentioned to fuse the spade side of the regulator. Said it could save your interior wiring if you had a short, I bought these. he said to use a 7.5 amp fuse.
fuse.JPG
fuse3.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back