• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

another newbie

drc270

Local time
4:25 PM
Reaction score
Hello Mopar fans.I am an all around car guy. I like all the classics. Ford,Chevy,Dodge etc. I am currently working on a 68 #s matching barn find 383 4speed RR from the dry climate of eastern WA. The car was sold new and has never left Wenatchee valley. I have it stripped and on a rotisserie...

hi and welcome to the site and post some of that car **** we would like to see it and yes we like to follow builds :headbang:

Just getting started...
I really dont want to paint it the correct sunfire yellow,but I feel it needs to go back to original 002.jpg004.jpg

I would like to paint it Petty blue with the black vinyl top and black steel wheels would look great.
My ? to the experts- Will the value be higher painted the correct color?

welcome to FBBO, I do love them RR's, especially the 68's, I'm on my 13th 68-70 RR currently...

- - - Updated - - -

I would like to paint it Petty blue with the black vinyl top and black steel wheels would look great.
My ? to the experts- Will the value be higher painted the correct color?

I'm not an expert, more of a knowledgeable enthusiast hobbyist, that has owned & sold a few...
but generally speaking, a color change on most any Mopar, can & will effect the resale value...

Many of the more Mopar purists, are real sticklers about that stuff, but it's not necessarily all that rare of a car either 44,000+ total made in 1968... When done it's basically a $20k-$40k car with a 383 car depending on quality of parts & restoration, the 4 speed helps resale too...

So IMHFO depending on paint & restoration quality, all the documentation, actual #'s matching, the build sheet &/or fender tag intact etc., it can & will dictate pricing more than, just the color change...

Welcome from Minnesota....keep the pics coming please.

welcome! got to love them roadrunners. Can't wait to see the progress pictures.

A Big 'Ole Texas welcome and keep the pic's of your restoration coming. ;)

welcome to FBBO from Pa yes keep the pics coming

038.jpg039.jpg003.jpg004.jpg007.jpgHere are some more pics- Trunk out and prepped/trunk and drop-offs mocked up/priming motor...

Welcome looks like you have a very good start to your restoration !! IMHO that car needs to be brought back to all original since its a numbers matching car ! :headbang:

Auto Transport Service
Back