• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Old Guy - just bought 69 Bee

Thanks for posting the pics. Car looks to be in VERY good shape, a great candidate for a restoration.
The original carb would have been a Carter AVS, most likely a 4711 "List" (model).
Today, a new Edelbrock AVS2 would be a VERY similar, upgraded choice.
They didn't really start painting the HP engines orange until 1970, so the aqua is correct for the year.
More knowledgeable folks will be along to help soon - but you've done well with this one!

Had time to get it up on the lift today to do some inspecting.

The Good: Engine and Trans in excellent condition, rebuilt, and I verified original to the car per the pics. Brake system all good. Dash gauges restored. Front grill, bumper, headlight and taillight bezels and trim all in very good condition.
The Bad (but expected, was represented honestly): Needs trunk floor plus misc other metal work, some suspension work, and LOTS of body work, including on the quarters, front fenders questionable
The (somewhat) unexpected: A Pillars need closer inspection, will need some rust repair as will the top, not sure how extensive just yet (vinyl top car but has been removed)

Question: per the pic of the K frame, on the front of the frame on each side there is some metal bolted to the frame but appears broken off on each side - what is this?

IMG_0380.jpg IMG_0382.jpg IMG_0390.jpg InkedIMG_0392_LI.jpg

Possibly remains of sway bar brackets. Does your lower control arms have sway bar tabs?

No, should be factory... looks like someone cut the rubber bushing retainer straps off and left the base plate.
beerestoration2018 2063.JPG

beerestoration2018 2066.JPG

Didn't notice, I'll look when I go back to the shop. Would this have been aftermarket?
66-69 sway bar brackets bolt to the front of the K frame from the factory. There are also aftermarket ones that do too. I don't have a a great picture of one, but here's the best I can do on a sway bar.
20200410_154740.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back