• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another one down

Some more interesting stuff from the article...it's a 1968 model :)

Bitter: It seems to be a rare classic. Car pope Michael Fröhlich (71, "Fantastic vehicles") told BILD: "This is a Pontiac Firebird Coupé, probably built in 1968. That was the competitor model to the Ford Mustang, but much more noble." He estimates that the car is worth around EUR 50 000.
It must be true....it was posted my the Media experts. :lol:

My best friend loaned her expedition to her niece, who totaled it in a supposed "road rage" incident. Fourth accident by this person in a borrowed car.
Nobody (almost) borrows any of my cars.

Totally off topic - went to Heine Bros south of Louisville off of I65 last week, same old Nazi BS signs MASK REQUIRED and put my pink bra over my face. The guy behind the counter looked at it and then offered me a mask...Would you like a mask? I just stared at him. It's free, would you like one? Finally I said: I'm wearing one. He must have thought I'm some poor schmuck who pulled some underwear out of my gym bag because I didn't have a mask.

Didn't mean anything bad about your dad.
It was a reference to the movie Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

Didn't mean anything bad about your dad.
It was a reference to the movie Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

I'm not sure I ever saw that movie. My dad did work for RCA and we had an RCA color cathode ray TV that he would have to fix periodically. He also fixed the used Plymouth he drove and then the used 1960 DeSoto - what a boat! I often wonder what it would be like if he'd lived longer and what he would think of my cars. He used to take me to Crazy Eight Races when we visited my grandparents in GA. I loved it!

I'm not sure I ever saw that movie. My dad did work for RCA and we had an RCA color cathode ray TV that he would have to fix periodically. He also fixed the used Plymouth he drove and then the used 1960 DeSoto - what a boat! I often wonder what it would be like if he'd lived longer and what he would think of my cars. He used to take me to Crazy Eight Races when we visited my grandparents in GA. I loved it!
My dad hated my Muscle cars. In his world? If not the size of an aircraft carrier? It's not an automobile. He drank. ALOT. I pulled out from under his '69 Buick Wildcat a stop sign he ran over on his way home. I told him if I see any evidence that you hurt someone? The cops will be waking you. I was 14 years old hack sawing that sign wrapped around his rear end. But that big pig Buick dragged it all the way home. With just bumper damage.

Stupid comes in all ages. I'm glad the kids are ok.

Last edited:
My dad hated my Muscle cars. In his world? If not the size of an aircraft carrier? It's not an automobile. He drank. ALOT. I pulled out from under his '69 Buick Wildcat a stop sign he ran over on his way home. I told him if I see any evidence that you hurt someone? The cops will be waking you. I was 14 years old hack sawing that sign wrapped around his rear end. But that big pig Buick dragged it all the way home. With just bumper damage.

Stupid comes in all ages. I'm glad the kids are ok.

Thank God my parents didn't drink. My father was raised Southern Baptist and was a tea totaler. Mom drank wine occasionally but that was it. My father was a very good man. At Christmas I got Barbie dolls as well as Lionel trains. He loved Science Fiction TV shows and would make fun of how poorly the space ships were designed. Time Tunnel, Lost in Space, Star Trek, we watched it together as a family although I don't remember my mother being that interested. She liked Little Joe in Bonanza.
My father was a studios type reading a lot of science/engineering magazines. Sometimes he was so lost in thought he would run a stop sign and on one occasion, hit a fire truck...
Sorry you have those kind of memories about your dad.

Good booze scene:

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back