• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Pie Tin Thread, Not a WTB or For Sale thread....

1 Wild R/T

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:24 AM
Reaction score
Well since it appears Pie Tins might be going away, as is no 440 Magnum in orange or red, no 340 in orange Quite a few others not available...

Anyway I decided to grab a couple spare orange 383 Magnums ones since they are still available but getting harder to find.... Vendor had three, I took two...

They arrived today, big box (Vendor's packaging) containing two smaller boxes (Mopar packaging) No damage to any of the boxes but both pie tins are bent....

I've bought more than a dozen pie tins through the years, (back when they were $19.99) they always came in a box about 1.5" thick & probably 10" x 10"..... The new boxes are 4" thick & probably 8" x 8" the pie tins doesn't fit in the box flat. It needs to be tilted diagonally....

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

The last one I purchased had to be replaced due to the frisbee play off that was going on in the warehouse during packaging. C. I. Made it good. Lol

Not that it helps , but what other option is available , return them ? Who else sells 383 Magnum in Orange or 440

I was talking about this with Mega Parts this past summer , once there gone

My guess is someone will reproduce them again in the near future at 4X the price

Mega Parts said he is trying to reproduce himself.....buy not easy to do

I bought a flat printed tin on eBay around 20 years ago. It was pulled from production before it was punched out and formed. It makes Great Wall Art!
image.jpg

Maybe someone with a 3D printer and the right kind of plastic could make a good replica. Just looking at some of the items that are now literally just printed out and put together.
:lol: :jackoff: :luvplace: :steering: :usflag: :moparsmiley::moparsmiley::moparsmiley:

I ordered a Super Commando pie tin from Mancinion Saturday, and was wondering why it didn't show,
and the shipper says "No ETA". Wonderfull!

CI will still let you "order" them but won't charge you since they are not available. I wonder if enough people placed orders if it would show them the demand is there.

Tony's Parts helped me out. He had an N.O.S. pie tin in stock. Some place in Germany answered an e-mail I sent
them, but it was all in German! I guess I'll have to use the Google translator. Another Parts disaster averted.
Thanks Tony!

I only have the one on my New Yorker. I always wanted to buy them all for wall art but couldn't justify the costs

20200312_172640.jpg

I only have the one on my New Yorker. I always wanted to buy them all for wall art but couldn't justify the costs

View attachment 1396212
F3AA982E-D1DF-4A12-B46A-D3CA77FAA12E.jpeg

Someone was selling the printed tins that were not pressed, for less than half the cost of trimmed and pressed tins. They made better wall art as they are flat.

Well since it appears Pie Tins might be going away, as is no 440 Magnum in orange or red, no 340 in orange Quite a few others not available...

Anyway I decided to grab a couple spare orange 383 Magnums ones since they are still available but getting harder to find.... Vendor had three, I took two...

They arrived today, big box (Vendor's packaging) containing two smaller boxes (Mopar packaging) No damage to any of the boxes but both pie tins are bent....

I've bought more than a dozen pie tins through the years, (back when they were $19.99) they always came in a box about 1.5" thick & probably 10" x 10"..... The new boxes are 4" thick & probably 8" x 8" the pie tins doesn't fit in the box flat. It needs to be tilted diagonally....

Has anyone else had a similar experience?
The ones left are probably manufacturers damaged ones or possibly returns.

I just bought the last 2 that Tony had.

I asked a licensed Mopar supplier what it would take to produce them through Mopar again. He said the following:

" 50,000 minimum just for licensing, so there is not enough profit margin "

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back