• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another throttle cable question

Timmayy

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:39 PM
Reaction score
So I pulled the 273 2 barrel out of my 65 Belvedere wagon. I dropped in a 360 4 barrel. I have the stock 4 barrel brackets. What's the correct throttle cable I should use? A part # or a link would be great.

I would try to use the one you have now. Then if it does not work you will at least know why and then go to plan B.

I would try to use the one you have now. Then if it does not work you will at least know why and then go to plan B.
Reading other posts, it seems that the 2 barrel cable is too short.

These guys are on the right track. As long as the ends are correct, all you need is any cable that no more than about 4"-6" too long (they can bind if they're a foot too long)....otherwise, any one that fits is correct. You do get some "wiggle room" where the cable clamps onto the bracket. If yours is too short, pull it out and measure. There are length lists online. I went through this when I couldn't find an OEM 70 six pack throttle cable.

I found that the big block 4 barrel cable from the same year is 2 inches longer and it worked with the Rick Eberg linkage bracket.

6 cylinder cables are the longest. They'll work with just about any intake. Even a cross ram.
Doug

6 cylinder cables are the longest. They'll work with just about any intake. Even a cross ram.
Doug
Yes I heard that. With the cable I used, it was enough and now it works great.

Auto Transport Service
Back