• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another "What's This Part?" Thread

themechanic

Oklahoma is OK
Local time
9:33 AM
Reaction score
I was emptying my bucket of Evap-o-Rust and found this little spring. I have no idea what it goes to or if one end is broken off.

So, let's play name that part.

IMG_0007.JPG

P.S. I've been working on the bucket seats and the parking brake assembly recently.

Headlight bucket spring?

Changed my mind, just read your last post. It's not bent the same as the one in your picture but do you have one on your assembly?
Screenshot_2018-05-06-20-59-51.jpg

Maybe too small for the e-brake assembly but how about the leaver on the seat adjuster.
Screenshot_2018-05-06-21-11-37.jpg

20180323_220052.jpg

Last edited:
It's the smaller of the two springs that go on the parking brake assembly. I found it while looking through the Mega Parts catalogue. He sells a kit with both springs and the grommet the release rod slides through. :thumbsup:

199-DR056A-1.jpg

It's the smaller of the two springs that go on the parking brake assembly. I found it while looking through the Mega Parts catalogue. He sells a kit with both springs and the grommet the release rod slides through. :thumbsup:

View attachment 603480
Yep, While restoring the e-brake assy on the Coronet I broke that spring. Couldn't find a replacement anywhere. Finally found one at the swap meet at the Mopar Nationals. Good to know they're available elsewhere.

Anti rattle, brake linkage to support?

Auto Transport Service
Back