• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any 71-2 AirGrabber Cars that added A/C

BTW If you've never been there, this is where you want to be looking for compressor mounts...

Products: AirCon Compressor Brackets - Bouchillon Performance Engineering

Is this a factory A/C car? Or non-A/C?

Yesa I know about Bouchillon and will talk to them when I get closer.
My car is factory A/C, the second picture in the above thread.

Thanks for all your help
Ron

IMG_1653.JPG

I also used the 180 connector to run under the air cleaner on my 71. I also have a 440 air grabber base so I popped it on to see how it fit. Plenty of room above the compressor. 440 with RPM intake. Classic auto air brackets. Edelbrock AVS carb. I don't have a ramcharger hood so Can't verify the seal fit.

View attachment 1325915View attachment 1325916View attachment 1325917View attachment 1325918
Your pictures were really what I was after, I wonder is that the taller 383 base do you remember which it is?

Those are the Bouchillon brackets, no interference with the air box at all. No contact with lower air cleaner. The air box seal has polished very small spot on the top of the compressor.
DSC01173.JPG
DSC01391.JPG

Monteverdis in Europe with Hemi got the RV2 compressor on a tigher room setup so the air cleaner was made for it... AND MANUAL transmissions. I still don't get why in USA that "wasn't" posible

I think Grabbers could be made too!

416327.jpg

That always amazed me, how the engineers could not find a place for the a/c compressor on air grabber vehicles.

Auto Transport Service
Back