• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any company that relines brake shoes?

Dutchrebuild

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:11 AM
Reaction score
After going to a bunch of local auto parts stores looking for 10"x2 1/2" rear brake shoes for my 70 Bee all I have to show for it is wasted time and gas...I have my original Chrysler stamped shoes, but they are worn-out...is there a company out there anywhere that can fix them??

I recently bought 10" by 2.5" Wagner Quick Stop shoes from RockAuto for the front of my 66 Coronet and I bought 10" by 1.75" shoes for the rear from O'Reilly. I would think the 2.5" shoes would be the same for your 1970. The Wagner number is Z169R.

After going to a bunch of local auto parts stores looking for 10"x2 1/2" rear brake shoes for my 70 Bee all I have to show for it is wasted time and gas...I have my original Chrysler stamped shoes, but they are worn-out...is there a company out there anywhere that can fix them??
Why? That is a common shoe. I think I have 2 new sets in the garage.

You would think easy to get but.... mabby not so easy. Auto store employees are basically useless these days. If can't be found in their computer in 20 seconds, it doesn't exist

Six or seven years ago my local NAPA worked with me on trying to order a set of factory shoes. They were all relined but the sets we received weren't match sets. Some had the wrong lining on the wrong frames (short and long linings). Then some frames had different holes for the upper springs and the e-brake leaver such as a round hole versus the triangle hole. Ma Mopar made slight changes throughout the years. It was a real fiasco but they finally got me a set that I needed.

I couldn't imagine trying to get a set locally today.

These guys can do it.

20230219_203736.jpg

One thing to watch out for is the flat tabs on the shoe where is sits on the backing plate, some new sets have really narrow tabs or just a v stamped in the edge that can cause problems. Look at the pictures and compare the tabs before you order or turn your cores in.

Thanks for all the replies...I'm sending my original shoes to Rochester Brake and Clutch for rehab...at least I know they will fit and function as original

Auto Transport Service
Back