• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any Experience Between Lucas GDI and Seafoam Cleaners?

65CopCar

Local time
2:58 PM
Reaction score
I have 2 cars with GDI engines. I have been using the Seafoam upper engine cleaner to try and keep the deposits off the valves. This time on my truck I used Lucas GDI cleaner. I don't know if I like it and am leaning towards going back with the Seafoam. I didn't seem to get any smoke or anything out of the tailpipe with the Lucas but typically do with the Seafoam. Maybe that don't matter? For the truck the Lucas is definitely easier to use.

Any thoughts or experience?

Sea Foam in gas tanks for anything that doesn’t get used during winter months

Both are uselss
Depends on what you're aiming to accomplish...but I'll have to disagree as well.
I looked at my piston tops with the bore-o-scope before/after using seafoam through the carb and the pistons were noticeably cleaner. Valves too. Manifold vacuum increased by roughly 2 in/hg at idle.
Now performance-wise, or using it to try to fix some 'issue'? I doubt it would help. Nothing like that ever does.
And for the "just dribble some water down the carb" crowd, yeah okay but I've still never seen that clean things like seafoam did. Never tried the Lucas stuff although I like their other products.

Auto Transport Service
Back