• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any Guitar collectors here?

I’m sure they won’t be cheap! I’d never be able to buy car parts again!

Besides 15 is probably enough...maybe

Yup. I collect. But not rich enough to indulge in Gilmour guitars.​

Yeah I collect but mostly oddball fenders from the 60s, it would be cool to have one of his but I'm sure you will pay dearly for them.

Does one guitar count as a collection....:D

I have a Brian May Signature Electric Guitar and VOX amp.
brian-may-bmg-special-antique-cherry-electric-guitar.jpg

(Internet pic - mine's in storage)

I'd bet there's a decent backstory to many of them.....

15400523_647164578790440_8788957933207299163_n-jpg-_nc_cat-106-_nc_ht-scontent-fakl2-1-jpg.692394

This woman is on trial for beating her husband to death with his guitar collection.

The judge says, "First offender?"

She says, "No, first a Gibson, then a Fender!"

I designed and built this one in my basement shop, from scratch. I hadn't completed the fretwork and bridge carving in this photo. Took WAAAAY too long and I lost several crucial hairs on my head. One every 4-5 years is about all I can muster.

Bluebird.JPG

Not as fancy as Danny’s but was a pain in the butt to build and get playing! But now it’s one of my favorites and sounds like a beast.. I just had to build it..
42C84D62-29FA-467D-B2E4-8607D35EC318.jpeg

Early Fender Jag and a Chet Atkins Gibson. I sold them on ebay about 10 years ago for an outrageous price and I really regret it now. I just thought I was getting old and didn't even need the money at the time. BUY, DON'T SELL unless it's to me.:thumbsup:

Thanks! That inlay is incredible! Youre right on patience. Ive messed with some old acoustic “projects”. Not my cup of tea. What you’ve done is awesome!

The detail and photos of the original 5150 (or 1 of the originals) were hard to duplicate because all were just a little different. Hard to believe with Ed. But i think i got pretty close. What I was going for was playability. That came well after it was built! Lot of tinkering after that..

Had a 1966 cherry red Gibson SG for years . . .

This is not mine - but it looked like this . . .

l8hjk6zqqjvuuua5lsor.jpg

The one that got away? Sounds like I car I used to have.

Bought it for $200 . . . many, many years ago . . . After graduating from college, I was no longer playing ( no time ) . . . sold it for $800 . . .

Can't complain . . .

Yes I collect and have since the 90's.
I have an original 1952 telecaster (not a reissue); original '58 strat, 59 jazzmaster; 62 jaguar; 63 candy apple red strat, and 64 lake placid blue strat that I've owned since the late 70's. Vintage Marshall heads & cabs too. Love 'em. Play 'em. I also build guitars and amps for myself.

DSCN0341.JPG

You can't just have one guitar can you ?
Just picked this up as well, (I haven't owned up to the Wife about this one yet)
DSCN0168.JPG

And there's a Thinline Tele kit I'm building up with P90's...

Auto Transport Service
Back