• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any Hemibuilders around?

Haflinger

Local time
1:08 AM
Reaction score
I'm planning to start my Hemi build but since I only have built 383-440's
I would need some help in certain areas, anyone with experience?

Per

You're talking about a 426 style Hemi? The cam is Hemi only and besides the valve train, it's basically just like the others as far as building them goes. You have one of the head bolts that goes under the intake ports that's different and you have to contend with the crossbolted mains. Ray Barton Racing is one of the top Hemi engine builders here in the states and then you have Marvin Hughs and Keith Black and several others that have been in the Hemi business for many years.

I bought block, heads and rockerassembly from a guy that changed his mind about his project so that's why I ended up building one instead of a crate.
Now, my block is a World/moparblock with casting# 5153843 and machined to
a P5155072 block.

1. This should mean 4.250" bore and honed? Pistons right in?

2. The oilpickup seems to be fastened with 2 bolts, where do I find a pickup like that?

3. The block is evidently prepared for an external oilsystem, is there a plugset
to buy since I want stock internal oilsetup?

Per

Block Hemi 001.jpg

Block Hemi 002.jpg

Block Hemi 003.jpg

Would some of the professional Hemibuilders sell the parts I need?

Per

Mancini Racing has all the parts and tech info you need.

Great Patrick, I plan on buying there strokerkit because I can' find anybody else selling them for Hemi, at least not when I check the websites.
I know FHO should be one of the best builders but do they also sell parts?

Per

I,m Sure FHO would take care of you,he advertises all the parts used in the engine builds,and has parts he has developed exclusively for the Hemi engine.http://www.forhemisonly.com/528-540.html

Have got pricing for everything I need to be able to build a 482 Ci Hemi
by Tim@FHO. Something higher then by Mancini but I'm sure I have it back in techsupport and choise of correct matching parts for my needs.

Per

Auto Transport Service
Back