• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any input or alternatives to this Superbird Conversion kit?

Damn, that is perfect, and a 4 speed to boot. How old is the restoration? Do you drive it much?

Finish in 1992,roughly around 200 mi. a year,had 37K mi. when I bought it,now just a little over 47K mi.

$4K, and almost had second thoughts,seemed like a lot back then,this is today.

View attachment 741504
In 1982 I tried to get a loan to buy a 70 Superbird for the same money, and the loan officer said that old Plymouth will never be worth 4 grand, and he denied my loan application. I hope he choked to death on a Swedish meatball watching Barrett Jackson, remembering denying my loan!

if you look at Bio's car
the angle from a purist has been crossed long ago
didn't he toss his original seats?

my Brother is doing it to a 383 4 speed grabber car
and feels sort of guilty but if you look for another 70 satty to start with (btw he has)
most want a arm and a leg for them these days.

I will say if you go the stinger/janak route for a nose
be prepared to do a bit of fabrication
these aren't drop together pieces
and they don't come with every piece
and also there is a lot of attention to detail as to to how the thing goes together.
been studying many pics of original cars.

I can also say the Janak stuff isn't cheap at all these days
just got his latest catalog and DOUBLE YIKES is all I will say.

Good points. A good base 70 satellite is give or take 20 grand + with a ...318.
Then there's the ' time ' takes to find one, strip it, convert it etc etc..add 5 years+
Bird clones done are upwards of $60k now. My point - start with your own car in top shape.

Auto Transport Service
Back