• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any leaf spring know it all"s around here?

hunt2elk

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:27 PM
Reaction score
Here's the deal. I want to buy a new set of stock height leaf springs as stiff as possible for my 69 Bee. Eaton lists 2 models. Standard 6/7 leafs, (which would have came on Hemi and 440 cars) at 130 in. lbs., and another option of 6/7 rated at 175 in lbs.
Been emailing Laura at ESPO Springs today. She says her book shows their XHD 6/7 (Hemi and 440) are rated at 130 in lbs. And the other option is a matched set of HD 6 leafs rated at 140 in lbs. She says these were a factory option as being for heavier duty applications than the Hemi springs.
I think she is wrong, but don't want to argue with her. I have the Mopar suspension book, but can't find the spring rates listed anywhere. Anybody here know what is the truth with these spring rates?

Last edited:
Hey Joel. . . Going to get you a contact that I've been told is really knowledgeable on leF springs . . . Hopefully they can answer your question . . .

Thanks Larry. I just edited my first post because I wasn't looking at the info correctly. I believe Laura is correct that standard XHD Hemi springs were rated at 130. This is what Eaton states as well. Eaton then offers a special order set of 6/7 rated at 175 in lbs. But I can't find any reference to the 6/6 matched pair at 140 that Laura states were available.

You're talking to them . . .

ESPO Springs & Things in PA

Lots of good feedback from a couple car guys that say they know a lot about them and have very reasonable prices too.

Auto Transport Service
Back