• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any one ever make a drivetrain cart?

68GTXNH

Local time
8:05 AM
Reaction score
I saw once, in passing, on the only mopar specific "car" show, a great idea for storing the drivetrain while the car body is on dollies or a rotissorie. But i cant find any pics of one or someone who sells one, so i was thinking about making one. Have any of you made one? If you dont know what im talking about its like an engine cradle(not a stand) but stores the engine while in the k member with the front suspension assembled and trans on it or mounted transverse to the motor behind it. Then theres two posts with half moons on it for the rear end to sit in, and ots on casters to stick it in a corner or something. Pretty good idea to keep those obnoxious awkward and heavy parts organized yet movable. If anyone made one or has one id love pics for ideas.

Here is a 440 six pack on a purpose built dolly - looks cool ....I might build one of these. :lol:

Here's one I built though I don't have provisions for storing the rear axle it will
be used to support the rear axle for tear down and reassembly once the engine and tranny is off and in the car.

IMG_0082.JPG

here ya go. Click it and it'll download a PDF file.

Attachments

• Drivetrain_dolly-Layout3.pdf
    212.7 KB · Views: 185
Here's a couple pics of mine. Came from Year One...
IMG_1326.JPG
IMG_1332.JPG

Simple is better for me...
It's not fancy..not uber overbuilt and works like a charm...
Best of all its not in the way of anything else when installing the engine from the bottom...
Excuse the A body...:D

1645.jpg 1646.jpg 1648.jpg 1649.jpg 1670.jpg 1680.jpg

These are all pretty good ideas. sticker is that just on there with gravity?sticker, i like the style so you can support the motor but still mount the k member an roll it around. my only problem with that is i have such a crappy floor, i envision me pushing it along, and a wheel snags, the whole cart stops with the motor keeps moving... ask me why i WILL NOT use a three wheel engine stand anymore...

Last edited:
The one i made pictured above has locating pins for the k member and you could do pnuematic tires for rough terrian.

Auto Transport Service
Back