• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Picking up a '66 Coronet 440 sedan this weekend

patrick66

Local time
3:41 AM
Reaction score
Got a line on a complete '66 Coronet 440 four-door this week, priced very well for a "B"-body of any kind these days. Haven't bought a project of any kind in close to four years. I'll fire off pics of it once it's sitting in my driveway. This might be one of those YT-style videos that show a car that hasn't been washed or vacuumed in years! A non-runner, but the engine is free. Even if it ends up basically as yard art, the pics I've seen show lots of useful 2-door parts, along with four great doors and glass for a sedan or wagon. I want to fire this beast off first, and make a determination later on its future.

I've got four good tires so it'll be able to roll without problems, whether I decide to trailer or dolly it.

Good luck, waiting to see those pics

Regarding this car...I passed on it. Very rough! It looks like it got picked up with a front-end loader on the rear, and a forklift on the front. The grille is decent, but not nearly as nice as it looked in the pics. It's a Poly 318 auto with air conditioning, power steering, cloth interior and full wheel covers (those were in the trunk). Not a straight body panel (except the doors and hood) on it. Taillight surrounds were crushed. Bumpers were definitely bent up by whatever picked this thing up. Pretty sad, as this car looked good in pics...and from about 50 feet away.

Auto Transport Service
Back