• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any photos of `66 hood ornaments?

Bought a repo 66 426 insert from Harms Auto in Wa..it's ok. If you have an original side by side you can see the difference. If numbers and border are raised I can't see it. If you don't have one this is the best I've seen. Does anyone make an exact repo? Will post a side by side soon.

Last edited:
Posting a side by of original and a repo 426 insert. Should have added another earlier repo maybe another time. Numbers are bolder on repo.
ood ornaments and dashboard 002.JPG

I just found this thread doing some research on the one I just bought ( its en-route to me right now ) so all I have are sellers pics so far

So Im hoping its an original and not a repop insert

Based on pics Ive come across so far I am fairly confident its the original insert . For what it cost me ,,,,,,I sure hope its real

66 B-Body 426 hood ornament (5).JPG

If you can afford a 426....you can afford the hood ornament:)

It's nice they got the numbers the right shape. Are the numbers and border raised? The numbers aren't chrome, mo look like argent again mo. One more repop but no cigar. I paid $305 plus shipping and it's damaged. If it has the raised borders and numbers a rougher finish and a little darker red.

It's nice they got the numbers the right shape. Are the numbers and border raised? The numbers aren't chrome, mo look like argent again mo. One more repop but no cigar. I paid $305 plus shipping and it's damaged. If it has the raised borders and numbers a rougher finish and a little darker red.

I dont have it in my hand yet. Per USPS tracking it Should be delivered tomorrow maybe

I paid $300 for it. And was Told its all original . I dont really have plans to put in on the car honestly. As I have a repop 67 version on the car and I like it much better.
But wanted the correct one for that " someday I might want it correct " feeling

Have a 67 on my car. Like to see close up pictures. Sold that NOS 318 ornament I had.

it should up yesterday.
its nice but it has an aftermkt repop decal in it

I told the guy I was under impression its had the original in it . he changed it before shipping,,,,said decal was in sad shape

I am sending it back monday

That's to bad! You'd think somebody could repop one. Like I said guys got the right numbers, needs dull silver background and raised letters .002.

I did send a message to OER to ask if they had considered reproducing the 66 hood ornament with various engine call out inserts. Like so many businesses anymore, they don’t seem to respond to questions sent to their contacts address.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back