• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any super stock seat bracket experts here?

Hosehead

Local time
8:56 AM
Reaction score
just purchased this set up from a member here. I'm fairly sure that these brackets are for an a-body or are just home made. Can anyone identify these brackets? I'm trying to put these a100 seats in my 65 belvedere and am guessing that I'll need to be doing some sort of fabrication? The holes don't line up anywhere. Any guidance is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

IMG_0184.JPG IMG_0185.JPG IMG_0186.JPG IMG_0187.JPG

Well after a little more investigation, it seems that they might be the 65 b-body brackets after all?? There aren't any bolt holes that line up though. Any installation help is appreciated.

0124091114a.jpg
My 64 has a hump in the floor on the inside. A bracket with a flat bottom would not fit unless it mounted further foward. My seat frames and brackets are not factory. Honda prototype magnesium frames.
Doug

Check out OSDart post on June 12, 2016.

Superstock seat brackets, posted by OSDart.
If you need more info I can post more pics. Just need to find where I put them!

I used 4 pieces of aluminum bar as a spacer/adapter. 1/4" x 1 1/2" x 16"
If you don't want to use the sliders, the seat will bolt directly to the adapter.

20180816_122649.jpg 20180816_122735.jpg 20180816_122743.jpg 20180816_122825.jpg

FYI
I used the original holes in the seat brackets. The front hole fit the slider. At the center I used a 5/16" counter sunk allen. Counter sink just enough to clear the slider.
Then drill the very back hole in the adapter to fit the seat.

Just an FYI, the Super Stock cars never had sliders as the seats were fixed. The S/S seats also fold forward.

I have a pair of fixed A100 seats from a driver's ed module, they have those sliders as well. Like the pic above of the seat bottoms, the holes in the seat frames did not line up with the pre-drilled holes in the S/S seat brackets. The original bracket holes on my seat frame bottoms were also offset to one side (as above) so I had to drill new holes in the frames to get the brackets aligned with the factory holes in the floor. They are A100 van type seats but 100% not Super Stock seats.

Also, if you use the sliders with the seat brackets, it may end up putting the seat too high depending on your application. In my A body, I tried to install the seats with the sliders (using the factory seat mount holes) but my head would be up into the headliner. If I had a helmet on it was almost to the roof. Even without the sliders, I still had to move the seats back on the floor from the original factory holes. May be different on a B body though.

Just an FYI, the Super Stock cars never had sliders as the seats were fixed. The S/S seats also fold forward.

I have a pair of fixed A100 seats from a driver's ed module, they have those sliders as well. Like the pic above of the seat bottoms, the holes in the seat frames did not line up with the pre-drilled holes in the S/S seat brackets. The original bracket holes on my seat frame bottoms were also offset to one side (as above) so I had to drill new holes in the frames to get the brackets aligned with the factory holes in the floor. They are A100 van type seats but 100% not Super Stock seats.

Also, if you use the sliders with the seat brackets, it may end up putting the seat too high depending on your application. In my A body, I tried to install the seats with the sliders (using the factory seat mount holes) but my head would be up into the headliner. If I had a helmet on it was almost to the roof. Even without the sliders, I still had to move the seats back on the floor from the original factory holes. May be different on a B body though.

no its the same no head room hahahha

View attachment 639222 My 64 has a hump in the floor on the inside. A bracket with a flat bottom would not fit unless it mounted further foward. My seat frames and brackets are not factory. Honda prototype magnesium frames.
Doug
not to butt in but doug what car did you get the frames from honda (what) i like the light weight frame.

I had purchased some replica super stock seat brackets and for one you had to make your own bolt holes in the floor or you set to close to the steering column and to you had to make your own holes for the seat adjusters as like they said above the super stock cars did not have seat adjusters. I had to move the brackets back for in as I am very tall and big

If you are tall, there is no room for the seat adjusters. My brackets bolt to the seat. My seats are bolted to the floor. Set the seat where it is most comfortable for the driver and drill the bolt holes. My car was originally a bench seat car, but I seem to recall dimples in the floor pan that seemed to line up with buckets.
Apparently someone is now making shorter seat brackets for tall drivers.
IMG_1201.JPG

I have a one pair of seat sliders from a van seat that I’m not using and they look like the ones in the first picture

Sure would be nice to have some van seat adjusters instead of the ones I have now they would look more. Period Correct

Auto Transport Service
Back