• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any Texans in the House - Potential Relo

I live in Spring which is a suburb of Houston and it is getting ruined by urban sprawl. I just bought land further out in Huntsville. The big medical centers are opening up in the larger more rural cities now. Houston is unfortunately becoming a center for high crime like all the other liberal run cities. I wouldn’t retire too close to Houston or any major city. It’s scary knowing there’s more than one murder a day. Look at the crime stats before you decide.
Gotta look at what the murder rate per capita is but that is going up in Houston. Not sure about Pasadena but I'm sure it's going up too but so far haven't heard much about it. When you have more than 2m people in a large city in these times, 1 murder a day is going to happen. Check out Sheeecargo's murder rate and how many people live there......

Gotta look at what the murder rate per capita is but that is going up in Houston. Not sure about Pasadena but I'm sure it's going up too but so far haven't heard much about it. When you have more than 2m people in a large city in these times, 1 murder a day is going to happen. Check out Sheeecargo's murder rate and how many people live there......
I live in the greater LA Basin Cranky - One murder a day would be considered a huge improvement - almost like day care. Altho where I live specifically is actually quite tame except for the fast rising property crimes.

I have not lived in Texas. But been in the state many times. And the one issue that hasn't been expressed? When anyone asks "What about Texas?" It completely depends which part? West Texas is as different to East Texas as trying to compare New Mexico to Louisiana. Boarder towns of South Texas is just as different as Panhandle. The middle? Primarily the big cities for Dallas/Ft Worth and Austin? More familiar to other big cities in US. But still uniquely Texas.

So asking life in Texas? Is a much more dynamic optioned answer than most states. Primarily due to size. But culturally too.

Last edited:
Yep, Tx is the size of 4 large regular states!!
People retire to where they want to live.
Peeps till working usually go where the $$$ are.
If you want Liberal 99% of the time go to the large cities.
Springfield is a pretty decent size Mo. city, but it is very rural in natural and conservative in politics. It is the exception. But most peeps off the W coast would starve there. They would laugh at the pay scale and also say, those guys have no clue what r/e is worth!:poke:

I used to love Austin, but it is as bad as San Fran now. If you are looking for the hill country views look around Marble Falls/ Burnett; it would put you right in the middle of the highland lakes, Buchanan, Marble Falls , LBJ, Inks Lake and Travis. All are beautiful!
Austin ,Georgetown Round Rock are 30 minutes away.
Plus Marble Falls has the Top Fuel Drag boat races right downtown. Great community, with plenty of things to do.
Also Burnett has the Blue Bonett fesitval, A lot of arts and crafts things for the mrs.
This comes from a born and bred Texan!

I live in the greater LA Basin Cranky - One murder a day would be considered a huge improvement - almost like day care. Altho where I live specifically is actually quite tame except for the fast rising property crimes.

You consider Laguna Beach "greater LA basin"?

Auto Transport Service
Back