• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody else hear that Keisler closed their doors yesterday - 1/16/2014 ? ?

All their profits went into restoring that Charger a couple years ago & I'm sure they're still paying for it.

All their profits went into restoring that Charger a couple years ago & I'm sure they're still paying for it.
Then when it came to crunch time, the Charger failed and was embarrased on a TV Show due to a clutch problem. Or so Shafi said in the interview.

I highly doubt that had anything to do with it. Keisler did gm and ford along with chrysler. Probably just the economy. Who has 5 grand to drop on a trans these days
X2. I am even seeing it at my shop. And I am small time !!

Then when it came to crunch time, the Charger failed and was embarrased on a TV Show due to a clutch problem. Or so Shafi said in the interview.

I'll cut them some slack on that; even my Charger had a bad (new) clutch.

However, I do have to wag my finger at the O/P for not titling this thread as "Keisler won't be down for breakfast".

However, I do have to wag my finger at the O/P for not titling this thread as "Keisler won't be down for breakfast".

I thought about it - really I did ! ! ! ( smile ) . . . but I thought that was your job ! ! !

Funny, I called a few months ago asking about the 700. I was told that they were having troubles with suppliers, so I asked about a tko 600 and they said it would be an eight week turn around if ordered today (two months ago). I'm on the list for a Passon and was told by Jamie that he was having trouble getting shifter rods made to the right specs.

Guess I'll be waiting now. As for the price... I read that they were going to be 4295 at first and then Jamie had to raise the price to 4495. All made in the USA and hand assembled by Jamie himself. NO cutting.

You can read the whole thread over on Moparts with Jamie commenting himself.
Search Passon/update/moparts. 19 pages worth including the announcement.

It could be just "reorganization" too, maybe not going out of business, not sure what Chapter was filed, I didn't see it, there are many ways to go Bankrupt & still remain in business... it's not good news thou either way, thanks for the link/information

- - - Updated - - -

weren't they just like the TREMEC TKO's transmissions anyway, like the Hurst {lower photo} @ www.hurst-drivelines.com/ , or were they a different trans altogether ??

Attachments

• Transmission Keisler Mopar B-Body Perfect Fit Auto to Manual conversion kit.jpg
    Transmission Keisler Mopar B-Body Perfect Fit Auto to Manual conversion kit.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 329
  • Transmission TREMEC MOPAR_B Bodies_TKO600 Transmission.jpg
    Transmission TREMEC MOPAR_B Bodies_TKO600 Transmission.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 334

He'll get no pass from me. On game day, you are ready. He was not. Embarrased a Hemi. Shame on him. Passon won't be far behind if we don't start getting some feedback from people who actually HAVE the Passon installed. "Being shipped" is getting old.

They filed Chapter 7

When a troubled business is badly in debt and unable to service that debt or pay its creditors, it may file (or be forced by its creditors to file) for bankruptcy in a federal court under Chapter 7. A Chapter 7 filing means that the business ceases operations unless continued by the Chapter 7 Trustee. A Chapter 7 Trustee is appointed almost immediately, with broad powers to examine the business's financial affairs. The Trustee generally sells all the assets and distributes the proceeds to the creditors. This may or may not mean that all employees will lose their jobs. When a very large company enters Chapter 7 bankruptcy, entire divisions of the company may be sold intact to other companies during the liquidation.[SUP][citation needed][/SUP]
Fully secured creditors, such as collateralized bondholders or mortgage lenders, have a legally enforceable right to the collateral securing their loans or to the equivalent value, a right which cannot be defeated by bankruptcy. A creditor is fully secured if the value of the collateral for its loan to the debtor equals or exceeds the amount of the debt. For this reason, however, fully secured creditors are not entitled to participate in any distribution of liquidated assets that the bankruptcy trustee might make.
In a Chapter 7 case, a corporation or partnership does not receive a bankruptcy discharge—instead, the entity is dissolved. Only an individual can receive a Chapter 7 discharge (see 11 U.S.C. § 727(a)(1)). Once all assets of the corporate or partnership debtor have been fully administered, the case is closed. The debts of the corporation or partnership theoretically continue to exist until applicable statutory periods of limitations expire

I'm sure Passon isn't loosing any sleep over this.

I've never heard anything good about them, talking to Tremec at a show led me to believe they weren't to thrilled with the things they were doing to the trannies either. The guys from Tremec recommended American Powertrain for your needs over Keisler.

i don't think keisler is a direct vendor for tremec anymore. a corvette buddy of mine was getting ready to buy the ss700 tranny and we did a little talking around. i thought the deal was kinda "iffy"; deposit money with no firm date of delivery. sounded like a slush fund to me. was the ss700 ever made? did anybody get one? american powertrain should be able to service any tremecs. i have a friend who has a keisler/tremec in his '68 gtx and he's talking about shucking it. i don't think i'd give up an 833 for a tremec; a passon 5spd?....probably.

My name is Bruce Kepley, I'm sales manager for Legend Gear and Transmission...we manufacture the LGT700 that Keisler apparently called his ss700...WE invested $2.2 million
In tooling and own it...we further paid for design assistance...we own the transmission and manufacture it in Statesville NC...the transmission was designed to correct a host of issues for car guys, because it was designed by car guys...I've owned 6 Hemi cars and over 80 classic and rare Mopars in my 66 years...for those of you who remember the rare 69 Hemi driveline that was discovered in Pageland, SC, I'm the guy who found it...the tranny has been tested to 700 ft. Lbs. Of torque and repeated shifts of 6500 rpm...I bought one this week for my Lil Red Express truck given the distances I'll be driving...lead time has ALWAYS been 6-10 weeks (or sooner)...we're not going anywhere, you can visit our manufacturing facility in Statesville if you like...to order call Jeff Spraker at Spraker Racing, Mooresville, NC...704-799-1300.

I'm sure Passon isn't loosing any sleep over this.

I wonder if they will ever "actually ship any of them", I've been reading & hearing about these 2 trans for 5-6+ years now... It's like a unicorn I'll believe it when I see it or know someone who's actually got one in possession...

Attachments

• Passon 5 speed Hemi 18 spline 855 o-d bolt in trans $3100.jpg
    Passon 5 speed Hemi 18 spline 855 o-d bolt in trans $3100.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 254
Thanks HYRDGOON... It's good to see someone "actually has one finally", I guess it's not a myth anymore...

- - - Updated - - -

My name is Bruce Kepley, I'm sales manager for Legend Gear and Transmission...we manufacture the LGT700 that Keisler apparently called his ss700...WE invested $2.2 million
In tooling and own it...we further paid for design assistance...we own the transmission and manufacture it in Statesville NC...the transmission was designed to correct a host of issues for car guys, because it was designed by car guys...I've owned 6 Hemi cars and over 80 classic and rare Mopars in my 66 years...for those of you who remember the rare 69 Hemi driveline that was discovered in Pageland, SC, I'm the guy who found it...the tranny has been tested to 700 ft. Lbs. Of torque and repeated shifts of 6500 rpm...I bought one this week for my Lil Red Express truck given the distances I'll be driving...lead time has ALWAYS been 6-10 weeks (or sooner)...we're not going anywhere, you can visit our manufacturing facility in Statesville if you like...to order call Jeff Spraker at Spraker Racing, Mooresville, NC...704-799-1300.
welcome to FBBO Bruce/1cre8iveguy , maybe you can give us more information on your company, introduce yourself over in the welcome wagon section too, give us some history & maybe show us some cool rides too... welcome to FBBO

Anytime Budnicks! That thread stood out to me first time I saw it I freaked out that "someone actually had one!" Damn near expected so see a unicorn standing beside it!

- - - Updated - - -

X2 on what Budnicks said Bruce! You also may want to start your own thread about the LGT700 so it comes up in it's own search and isn't linked into the Keisler Bankruptcy thread.

Anytime Budnicks! That thread stood out to me first time I saw it I freaked out that "someone actually had one!" Damn near expected so see a unicorn standing beside it! {ILMFAO = Budnicks}

X2 on what Budnicks said Bruce! You also may want to start your own thread about the LGT700 so it comes up in it's own search and isn't linked into the Keisler Bankruptcy thread.

great idea

I would add photos but don't know how...also, how do I start a new thread? You can visit our Facebook page at Legend Gear and Transmission or you can visit our manufacturing facility in Statesville, about 18 miles from Mooresville, NC...we are low profile, real car enthusiasts and you'll be glad you came...our distributor, Spraker Racing, has a Facebook page and website...do yourself a favor and look at our Facebook page, left side, for our response to the Keisler issue...there is soooo much I'd like to share with you but cannot, some of you guys know Galen, he knows me as well...we just may attend the Mopar Nats...we were at SEMA and PRI
As well...we're a pretty well kept secret for obvious reasons...

Bruce Kepley, sales and marketing manager, Legend Gear 704-907-6495

Auto Transport Service
Back