• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody here planning on flying in the near future?

There is an existing set-up for tracking counterfeit and defective parts that is US/CDN wide for both civilian and commercial markets, and it works quite well, that is run by the USN. It tracks parts made all over the world for aviation applications. BTW, you are never going to rid the markets of Chinese crap, but that is generally where the defective parts that DO show up are coming from. It covers everything you can imagine, from transistors to physical airplane parts. Parts that are counterfeit or fraudulently marketed are caught fairly quickly.

I haven't flown since late 2007
for a while I was going or coming from somewhere
Monday or Friday, lived out of a damn suitcase, 1,000,000 mile club
always waiting in some godforsaken airports somewhere in the west...

While doing consulting for (125 dealerships group) dealership projects
or flying into a race & I had to 2 paid crew members, $750 each
driving my ****, the truck & trailer all over the country, for a few years...
While work was booming, I had to fly I couldn't drive
takes too much time...

I swore "I'd never fly again",
unless it was for a family member's death/funeral etc.
way too much time in the air...
I'm not afraid of flying, I just don't care for airports/crowds, especially now...
30 years ago it wasn't an issue...
Too many rude asses in public, especially in the inner-shitty's airports...
I have no patience for that **** anymore or the fat asses/TSA agents
or stupid *** lines either, them Airlines never taking off/arriving
when supposed to...

Now if I was flying myself it'd be a different deal...

My youngest brother Mark
had a pilots license, owned his own plane/s...
I flew his Cesnas a few times... (him as co-pilot of course)

I actually thought about buying & doing my own too...
I started in Helicopter lessons took too much of my free time
at Concord, Buchanan Field, 180hrs-ish total... gave it up

Bros. Mark, commuted between Reno Nv (shithole) & Tehama Co.
3 times a week, flying was way quicker & easier...
Worked for a county & a hospital psychiatrist, in both locations,
after he got out of the Navy...(after 25+ years)
There's lots & lots of crazy people in Reno Nv area,
He went back to Stanford, after going into the Naval reserves
& got his doctorate degree...
Now he works for himself, has a private office (Weaverville),
a group of Dr.'s, he's the CEO, makes serious coin $$$,
still does the low-income stuff too, in Reno Nv...
(lifer nuke sub dude, officer/nuclear physicist/electronic engineer,
now has 3 degrees, the classic overachiever)

Last edited:
This was first discovered in June or July. The aircraft have been inspected, repaired if necessary, and returned to service.
I knew about it, but had no qualms about flying last month (before concussion grounded me).
My wife flew across country yesterday and daughter is doing the same today. If I had any concerns, I would have discouraged the flying.
Once again, the media morons are trying to milk this story until the bitter end.

Flew four times last year and heading to Greece in October this year. Used to work for an airline back in the day here in Toronto.
But then I can't do cruises, lol.

Nope, you won't get me on a cruise boat either....
flightmar232015 005.JPG

I am an ATP rated pilot and I have no desire to fly, in the back of an airliner that is. Packed like sardines in coach is miserable. My nearby airport is O Hare and what a zoo that place is. It was bad enough before, but now many terminals double as shelters for 100s of illegals.
Add to that the fact our air traffic control system has been having increasing numbers of problems. There is little doubt in many experts minds that it's only a matter of time before we get a Tenerife scale collision in the US either at an airport or nearby one.
The FAA has always had their issues, but recently they have been tied up with DEI compliance. I was out in a Cessna the other day flying for the first time in a month or so, and when I tuned in to hear the airport information for the airport I was going to land at, they mentioned a "Notice to Air Mission". I couldn't help laughing, but at the same time was angry.
Forever we've been "airmen" but given our current culture of naval gazing about microaggressions, the FAA was tasked with making it their biggest priority to review all their nomenclature and rules and to change everything that might offend anyone. So NOTAMs, the acronym for "Notice To Airmen", is now "Notice to Air Mission" as an example of their diligent work.
I'm not sure if I still sit in a "cockpit" when I am piloting??
So the ATC system is falling apart with a number of near misses over the last year, but the FAA is busily rewriting the rules and terms to make sure they are not offensive and will worry about that later maybe. I did just read that they are instituting a program to hire more disabled and people with mental disabilities though.
You can't make this stuff up..... Seriously. FAA hiring workers with 'severe intellectual' disabilities
I hope no one will be offended if a loved one dies in a airline crash soon.
I am not trying to start anything political and get spanked here, I am speaking as a 30+ year pilot and flight instructor who is concerned things have gotten very out of hand and people are going to die soon.
You might want to drive or stay home for awhile. My 2c

Why I fly myself.. from my own uncontrolled field, pull up the gear and land at my dock a couple of hours later!!! And I stay low and slow to weed out the bullshit above me. Probably been 30 years since I've been into a controlled airport...
summer2016 070.JPG

Won’t be over water much, just a few minutes over the Gulf so it’s ok.

021F8D19-A4F8-4283-A0B2-11CBC2EB948B.png

Why I fly myself.. from my own uncontrolled field, pull up the gear and land at my dock a couple of hours later!!! And I stay low and slow to weed out the bullshit above me. Probably been 30 years since I've been into a controlled airport...
View attachment 1598754
Hey dads, any Fishing Fly-Ins available ???
Looks like Heaven from here !!!

You can go right to the FAA web page and see news about how they grounded the new 737's and whatever else is falling apart in the aviation world.
I have always viewed the condition of "flights" and the places that run them as a direct correlation to our economy and health of our society. If people are normal and in good financial position they companies are doing fine and news about BS is minimal.
Lately there is tons of BS and there is plenty of talk about being on the edge of financial woes.
People like to use the auto industry as well but they tend to do a lot of self inflicted pain, so I only watch the health of those companies to see when my taxes will go up :(

Auto Transport Service
Back