• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody here planning on flying in the near future?

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:43 PM
Reaction score
You may want to reconsider.

Airplanes Grounded over Concerns that Parts Were Sold with Fake Safety Certificates

Travelers At HartsfieldJackson Atlanta International Airport As Congress Averts FAA Lapse With Stopgap Passage

5 Oct 2023103

Concerns that engine parts were sold with fraudulent safety certificates have upended the aviation industry.

American Airlines, United Airlines, and Southwest Airlines have grounded their planes as investigations continue into potentially faulty safety certificates. Delta Airlines has removed several engines from service.

The scandal focuses on airplane supplier AOG Technics, which allegedly mass-produced fake safety certificates to sell its engine parts.

The Daily Mail reported:

AOG Technics has also faced allegations it faked employees and was using stock photographs for fictitious staffers on LinkedIn, according to Bloomberg. Attempts to contact the company were unsuccessful.
With parts from the problematic company so far found in 126 engines across several airlines, questions are being raised over the effectiveness of the aviation industry’s safety oversight measures.

The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and European authorities alleged that AOG Technics forged its documentation, which could produce potentially deadly consequences in the event of a faulty part.

General Electric and Safran alleged in a lawsuit that AOG Technics used a large-scale falsification system to sell its parts to airlines.

By subscribing, you agree to our terms of use & privacy policy. You will receive email marketing messages from Breitbart News Network to the email you provide. You may unsubscribe at any time.

The Wall Street Journal reported that AOG Technics serves as a middleman in the aviation industry by purchasing parts and then selling them to maintenance and repair shops.

The Daily Mail wrote that Jose Zamora Yrala, the sole director and shareholder of AOG Technics, has dubious LinkedIn profiles linked to the business that often use sock profile pictures.

“It’s a bit strange that a phantom company can be allowed to supply spare parts with false certification documents,” Olivier Andriès, the CEO of Safran, said in September.

The Journal said it visited AOG Technics’ address in London, United Kingdom, where building security staff said they had not heard of the company. A representative for the building claimed that AOG Technics serves as a virtual client and does not hold physical space in the building.

“If you put a part in an airplane engine, you should feel confident that it’s legitimate. Somebody found a loophole. The system is supposed to guard against that,” Ron Epstein, an airspace analyst at Bank of America, said.

Yeah, this was reported earlier this week and the major airlines were inspecting for these bogus parts

Haven't flown in decades. Never plan to again. Freakin flying cattle-cars.

Those parts have been known about for months now. The airlines have been dealing with this for a while, it's just getting out to the public lately. There have been several 737s pulled out of service and engines removed because of these parts. Whoever is behind this has pretty good knowledge of how to make bogus parts pass as good ones with the right paperwork. I remember when I got qualified to accept parts for the airline we had to go to training for a week about paperwork actual parts themselves, and then was tested after that. Then there was recurrent testing every year after. When they find out who did this they will be wearing an orange jump suit for a while.

Kind of like Our Military Equipment being Built with Sabotaged Chinese Parts, as per some politician's Lost E-mail server.................

Worked at a heat shop for a while. They kept records of every airplane part they did.

Maybe American Airlines should buy parts from America and they wouldn't have this problem.

I'm strange, I will not ever fly, unless drugged.
I have taken multiple flights in a helicopter and enjoy it. :realcrazy:
God made V8s and 4 tires for a reason.

Man you're weird! Will get into something with 10,000 parts rotating in usisen, beating the air into submission, but you won't get in something that actually glides! LOL

Man you're weird! Will get into something with 10,000 parts rotating in usisen, beating the air into submission, but you won't get in something that actually glides! LOL
Yeah I know right. I think it's the other people and I can see the pilot.

If man was meant to fly? God wouldn't have invented the wing!

unnamed.jpg

only flying im doing is i my dart ... someday..lol
but for now my SC will just have to do

Last flight in a commercial flying bus was in 76.....last flight in a real glider was in a 1938 Stearman biplane. If ya crash one of those, sumtin's wrong witch ya lol

Haven't flown since 2010. Also with 10500 flight hours to my resume, I have no desire to ever again...cr8crshr/Bill :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

Well that's just great. I travel by air several times a year, domestic and international. Figures.

Been wondering when something like this was going to infiltrate the air line industry....or should I say....the public was going to finally hear about it.

Amazed these parts could even make it through the system and onto the plane. I helped my friend put an engine in his small plane many years ago. After we put the engine in and dealt with all the safety wire. He had to have it inspected visually then it was flown by a safety inspector BEFORE he could fly it again himself... I think it only held 5-6 people not HUNDREDS.

Southwest Jet. About a dozen times a year. 737’s with a USA based crew. So far so good. Biggest hazard seems to be my fellow knucklefuckinheaded travelers. Boarding in SanJose Domestic sure looks like an International gate. When coming home, you can pick out the gate without it marked.

Southwest Jet. About a dozen times a year. 737’s with a USA based crew. So far so good. Biggest hazard seems to be my fellow knucklefuckinheaded travelers. Boarding in SanJose Domestic sure looks like an International gate. When coming home, you can pick out the gate without it marked.
In my frequent flyer days I always felt flying Southwest out of Chicago Midway was the equivalent of riding in a cattle car. I haven't flown in five years, and this new bit of information leaves me even less inclined.

Auto Transport Service
Back