• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody's home track going to be running this year?

From what i see with my 12.5:1 511, it only requires about 100 octane. I run a mix of 113 Dragon and 93 Sunoco. I may decide on 12:1, but i do want some compression in it. Who should i let pick the cam for it? Will be solid roller. Whats the cam look like in your Hemi, if its not top secrete?

No secrets here. I run a crane solid roller. I know that you are very up on octanes from past conversation, your hemi will work well.

Our track opened after being closed for 2 years. The folks running it Southern New Mexico Racing have started Friday Nite Drags for anyone that wants to get off the street. July 2nd was the first one and should be every Friday Nite. There were legit drag cars and every thing you could think of running. I left at 9 pm and cars were still coming in. It will only grow from here. $15 to race, come on down to Arryo Secco.
That seems to be one hell of a deal!

Street driving with 12.5 to one forget about it unless your willing to buy race gas.
My street 511 is 12.5:1. I'm already buying and mixing race fuel. I have no problem with it. This car is a weekend cruiser/track car.

No secrets here. I run a crane solid roller. I know that you are very up on octanes from past conversation, your hemi will work well.
Malex, looking at your cam card it looks like they want that cam at 107* install. What is the actual lobe separation spec?

Malex, looking at your cam card it looks like they want that cam at 107* install. What is the actual lobe separation spec?
—-
Lobe Separation is 112 on this camshaft.

@malex any racing? Been waiting to hear about the 64 and the Dart.
—-
So the 64 got up to the track this weekend. It was crazy severe heat all weekend with temps up to 96F and corrected air at 5000’. Only made it to the 2nd round each day. I’ve got to get very better at predicting dial in during extreme heat. Test passes this AM in 4500’ range air was 10:14, 10:15 and 10:16 and 60’s between 132.00 to 136. All happy with that but come afternoon and in worse air the car slowed a full tenth and by 2nd round I couldn’t run my 10.20 dial and ended up in the trailer. Looking froward to next time out in a few weeks and better weather. A couple pics of the weekend.

A nice gentleman from the stands took this picture today. He came to the pits and shared some with me afterwards. My long time old friend (in the Camaro) and I got paired up in the first round today. Mopar for the win! Actually I painted this red Camaro for Buddy Pete back about 2002 or so.
97DA4FF9-6C40-47FB-AA5E-C05A03933B6F.jpeg

Another photo from the nice fellow in the stands.
8B9A2907-4705-4322-BE2B-86EB48135D4E.jpeg

A random pic on a launch today.
9DF7CD18-53C6-44BD-A5A8-A89E23EA0B09.jpeg

And a real surprise. My local track chose and used my car on this years T shirts and Hoodies. This weekend they went on sale and the first that I saw of them. That’s quite an honour to me. The picture is of the back of a hoodie. Always a good weekend when it’s spent at the track, and today all the Covid masks and restrictions came off!
900232C8-1ECB-481A-B5BA-91523778FB74.jpeg

—-
So the 64 got up to the track this weekend. It was crazy severe heat all weekend with temps up to 96F and corrected air at 5000’. Only made it to the 2nd round each day. I’ve got to get very better at predicting dial in during extreme heat. Test passes this AM in 4500’ range air was 10:14, 10:15 and 10:16 and 60’s between 132.00 to 136. All happy with that but come afternoon and in worse air the car slowed a full tenth and by 2nd round I couldn’t run my 10.20 dial and ended up in the trailer. Looking froward to next time out in a few weeks and better weather. A couple pics of the weekend.

A nice gentleman from the stands took this picture today. He came to the pits and shared some with me afterwards. My long time old friend (in the Camaro) and I got paired up in the first round today. Mopar for the win! Actually I painted this red Camaro for Buddy Pete back about 2002 or so.
View attachment 1137477

Another photo from the nice fellow in the stands.
View attachment 1137478

A random pic on a launch today.
View attachment 1137479

And a real surprise. My local track chose and used my car on this years T shirts and Hoodies. This weekend they went on sale and the first that I saw of them. That’s quite an honour to me. The picture is of the back of a hoodie. Always a good weekend when it’s spent at the track, and today all the Covid masks and restrictions came off!
View attachment 1137480
Cool! Looks like you had a great weekend. Beautiful car. I think are cars run very close to the same. I had a best [email protected] in good air with single dominator last year. The T ram and new mufflers added 100# to the car. I will probably wait til september now to get some passes on it.

Malex. Great shots of your car. I'm sure there's very knowledge guys on here that can point you in the right direction of how to dial your beautiful 64 in the heat.
I'd like to know myself. I'm not good at it either. I actually slowed up with a dial of 9.10 in the morning and I couldn't muster up anything better than a 9.34 later in the day.
It kept getting slower and slower.

Cool! Looks like you had a great weekend. Beautiful car. I think are cars run very close to the same. I had a best [email protected] in good air with single dominator last year. The T ram and new mufflers added 100# to the car. I will probably wait til september now to get some passes on it.
—-
Thanks! Yes it sounds like our cars would be real close. In good air I’m into the 9’s so the way the car is now is where it stays.

Malex. Great shots of your car. I'm sure there's very knowledge guys on here that can point you in the right direction of how to dial your beautiful 64 in the heat.
I'd like to know myself. I'm not good at it either. I actually slowed up with a dial of 9.10 in the morning and I couldn't muster up anything better than a 9.34 later in the day.
It kept getting slower and slower.
—-
Thanks! Yes I’ve got some great advise that will help me improve lots more. This past weekend was the first time out in almost a full year so I was fine with the results given the conditions. In my short time racing things have come along real good. Having built this old Plymouth and hauling it to the race track green as a cucumber - at 60… LOL. The fact is that I’ve surpassed all my goals and expectations and that is largely due to the good advise I’ve been given.

Malex ,
time for a weather station and a run sheet .
I log the weather at about same spot in the lanes each pass , and write that in my day run sheet . Whilst i also enter the pass in the weather station i will dial off what the car is actually running on the day

Tex

Norwalk/ Summit racing Raceway Park Ohio

I found out recently that the nearest race place to me in Arizona isn't far away at all. Maybe seven miles
Only a few problems: no clocks, no christmas tree, no pits, no stands.
But it is two miles of dead straight pavement, with no side streets, downhill from the dump.
Found the starting line for the street races, by accident,lol.

Auto Transport Service
Back