• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone else having issues opening the doors on their modern Challengers due to frost?

That's whacked! 27 year old baby?? I know about over protective moms but that's nuts. My first wife was that way and well, there were a lot of other issues in that marriage too but I decided to be on my way after talking to my dad about the situation. Dad told me that he stayed 'because of the kids' and life was hell with them fighting all the time. Imo, it wasn't fair to us kids with parents fighting nearly every freaking day. My sister ended up hating dad and blamed him for it all......but it takes two to tango.
If you look up helicopter parents in the dictionary, my wife's picture is there! Her sister is the one her parents named Karin, but I think it should have been my wife's name! Lol

If you look up helicopter parents in the dictionary, my wife's picture is there! Her sister is the one her parents named Karin, but I think it should have been my wife's name! Lol
Yup....learned all about that crap. My first wife would have the baby in the crib with so many blankets on that she would be sweating. And if I mentioned it, she'd jump my ***. I couldn't do anything with my daughter without 'HM' (helicopter mom) standing damn near right over me. And she had postpartum depression so bad it wasn't even funny. Thing is back then, you didn't hear much about and well, couldn't say anything to her about it anyways or she'd jump down my throat. My second wife wasn't much better. My first wife would have been just fine I think if we hadn't brought a kid into the mix. Eh, I'm single now and plan to stay that way like I should have done from the very start lol

My wife babies them more now that they are grown than she did when they were little! She was driving her Challenger to work so she could leave her brand new Jeep Wrangler for them to use. She was upset when she couldn't get the door open on the Challenger and had to take the Jeep to work.

She's dashing through the snow in her Challenger! My wife's car has never seen snow or salt.

Last edited:
From the bodyman side of things.
Stop using those plastic door handles to try to pry the door open.
You will break one in the cold.
A jug of water out of the sink and pour it around the door opening.
Open it up and take a rag and dry the weather strip off.

Tube of dielectric silicone grease, finger rubbed on all the door seals. Standard procedure, thank me later.
From your cold friends up north.

I can't imagine how a car with windows that roll down to open the door could even be considered to be sold in a cold climate! when a car is out in freezing rain the last thing you want to do it try to roll down the window before you melt the ice off! they already had a big issue on the jeep liberty with the window cables/pulleys!
I find it quite amusing when I see the easy fix only 2 tools needed vids! I would be sticking those 2 tools right up the engineers *** when the window drops and it's -25 outside! I repaired a few for friends and it wasn't a 10 min. job!

Great looking Challenger, call up Ryder Graphics and get the stripe tip decals to continue the side stripes onto the front bumper. When my wife's car was a week old I masked it off and painted the stripe tips on it so it would look like my 71 Challenger, I posted pictures on Challenger Talk and the guy from Ryder Graphics said he liked the look and was going to make the decals and offer them to all Challenger owners. It completely changes the look of the car. They should have been done that way from the factory.

View attachment 1390497

I got those decal extensions for my 2010 R/T.

I was personally responsible for making them happen! That post was supposed to say great looking Challenger, not great lying Challenger, damn spellchecker! LOL If I have to deal with another lying bitch Challenger I will lose my effing mind! Lol

From the bodyman side of things.
That same thought went through my mind when I read that. And to think people used to break the metal ones on the early Challengers. People who jerk the door handle to open the door will break them too. A woman I know does that and she's broke several of them and couldn't figure out why until I saw what she was doing. She thought it was due to junk door handles but man, anything would break with the way she was doing that.

I was personally responsible for making them happen! That post was supposed to say great looking Challenger, not great lying Challenger, damn spellchecker! LOL If I have to deal with another lying bitch Challenger I will lose my effing mind! Lol

giphy.gif

We didn't have a garage when I was a kid in central Pa. Dad taught me the water trick in the early 60s. Still do it with my daily driver.
Yup....learned all about that crap. My first wife would have the baby in the crib with so many blankets on that she would be sweating. And if I mentioned it, she'd jump my ***. I couldn't do anything with my daughter without 'HM' (helicopter mom) standing damn near right over me. And she had postpartum depression so bad it wasn't even funny. Thing is back then, you didn't hear much about and well, couldn't say anything to her about it anyways or she'd jump down my throat. My second wife wasn't much better. My first wife would have been just fine I think if we hadn't brought a kid into the mix. Eh, I'm single now and plan to stay that way like I should have done from the very start lol
Went through this as well, lucky we only had one kid, and it worked itself out. But it took three decades. You had a rough ride, and deserve some peace at this stage of lfe.

Last edited:
We didn't have a garage when I was a kid in central Pa. Dad taught me the water trick in the early 60s. Still do it with my daily driver.

Went through this as well, lucky we only had one kid, and it worked itself out. But it took three decades. You had a rough ride, and deserve some peace at this stage of lfe.
I lived up north until 12 years old and learned about the water deal from watching him. He did tell me not to use hot water unless I wanted things to crack and break. Had always meant to try that once though lol

Second owner is doing this to my old 09. Hellcat.org flutter on this. They say credit card will do it. Not cold enough to have it happen where I live.

0A170A24-D073-4F99-A820-DC99885BAC13.png

I wish it was that easy,but I married a very stubborn set in her ways Irish blonde woman, and she is having no part of electric garage door openers! I have to choose my battles wisely. I do have no less than 20 Mopar project cars, and there are very few women who will tolerate that! Lol
I have an electric garage door opener, and one GTX, no other Mopars. There are trade offs.

That post was supposed to say great looking Challenger, not great lying Challenger, damn spellchecker! LOL If I have to deal with another lying bitch Challenger I will lose my effing mind! Lol
????

I have the garage space for the wife's Challenger winter storage ready and waiting for her!

20221219_163929.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back