• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone else like to play with cold call scammers?

I have one of those little compressed air emergency boat horns that I use on them.

another Goddamned Indian scammer like all the rest [/QUOTE said:
The Patel family, buying up America one hotel and one 7-11 at a time

I do a decent Donald Duck voice. Woman calls me to tell me she's going to reduce my debt, asks my name. I reply "Donald Duck" in his voice. She says, I'm having difficulty understanding you Ma'am. { she thinks I'm a woman with a gravelly voice ? } I again reply "Donald Duck". She just says please get my credit card and read my number. I ask in DD voice again, "What card ? " She obviously DOESN'T KNOW who Donald Duck is !! I start a little rant in DD fashion. She then says, I'm sorry I'll have to get my supervisor. He now comes on and asks my name. I reply "Donald Duck" in DD voice. HE DOESN'T KNOW WHO DONALD DUCK IS EITHER !! He just says, "Ma'am could you read the numbers on your credit card? " I starting laughing so much & just hung up.

These scammers are banking on reaching and manipulating people like Joe Brandon. They generally seek the elderly of a feeble mind to drain their assets.
The same goes for those in news media that have their own target segment of the population to rape. The politically feeble-minded.

These scammers are banking on reaching and manipulating people like Joe Brandon. They generally seek the elderly of a feeble mind to drain their assets.
The same goes for those in news media that have their own target segment of the population to rape. The politically feeble-minded.
Way to go, turning it into politics.

The analogies are tough to ignore. --The vermin of intentional public disinformation to deceive cannot be justified.

We are swimming in a pool of liers/scammers that are constantly telling us to toss the instinct to sense right from wrong.

If one takes a gut punch early in life and the puncher lends a hand up only to punch again a lesson is learned.--Sometimes a third or fourth gut punch is needed.

Last edited:

Please excuse me for failing to pay attention to the section this is in. My bad.

Scamming as a topic is tough to consider these days if politics is excluded.

I get calls for these phony police charities fairly often, and usually the telemarketer will say something like “Hello, I’m calling for the National patrolman benevolent association”, and I’ll reply sorry, wrong number, this isn’t the national patrolman benevolent association” and hang up.
When I’m in a vindictive mood I’ll tell the telemarketer I’ve got something about to boil over on the stove, hang on I have to turn it down. Then I’ll go back to the phone 10 or 15 minutes later and see if they are still there. Sometimes they are. :lol:

For about two weeks awhile back, right at dinner time, I used to get bogus call claiming to be from Revenue Canada claiming an arrest warrant had been issued for me because of income tax arrears and I needed to settle up (lol). Always on my land line that I don't really use that often, so every night for the dinnertime hour I would forward all the calls to the local police detachment (non-emergency number). After about a week, that problem seems to have gone away. Maybe my number is now listed on the telephone scammer's own do not call list.

aisian girl called the other day wanting to lower my credit card debt. I asked how much she charged for the night, and if it was extra for my wife to join in. Click.....

I get calls for these phony police charities fairly often, and usually the telemarketer will say something like “Hello, I’m calling for the National patrolman benevolent association”, and I’ll reply sorry, wrong number, this isn’t the national patrolman benevolent association” and hang up.
I like to tell them that I am a carrier criminal and thus do not contribute to police associations.

I like to tell them that I am a carrier criminal and thus do not contribute to police associations.
In 2009 I was unemployed like many people and got one of those calls. I replied thanks for calling, police around here are well compensated and I’m unemployed, maybe they can contribute to me for a change since I’m down on my luck? The guy replied “very funny”, I said no, I’m serious. He hung up.

One of the funniest one I got was a call asking for my wife. I asked "who's calling?". He said "non of your ******* business" and hung up. I laughed so hard coffee came out of my nose. I'm guessing he didn't last long at that job.

From offers of credit card relief, Social Security threats and sweepstakes scams over the last couple of decades to extended car warranties (they always hang up when I say my car is a 1968), lately it's been Middle Easterners asking to speak to the business owner about an unsecured loan. Sometimes I string them along and tell them I need 25 million by the close of business today, sometimes I colorfully suggest where they can put the phone, and other times I ask for their number at home so I can call them later and see if they're interested in some professional metal finishing.

"Why would I want that?"
"The same reason you assume I need a $%! loan."
[click]

Yesterday I asked the guy where he was calling from. "Capital Business Funding. I told you already." I said no, which COUNTRY are you calling me from? "Africa." Now how these foreigners attain a phone number in my own area code that allows them to solicit and constantly interrupt my day with needless bullshit is beyond me. The oddest ones are the calls you miss; when you call it back a few seconds after it stops ringing it turns out to be a disconnected number. How do they do that???

Billy's dad used to be a truck driver. His Peterbilt's air horn is now in the shop ready to attach to any air line on a moment's notice. You might be surprised how quickly 140 decibels ends scam calls when they fall for "Can you turn up the volume please? I can barely hear you." :bananaweed:

I tried to politely tell a caller who was trying to sell me an unwanted product/service that it was not my policy to purchase over the telephone. She called BS on me and said I have likely ordered many pizzas over the phone. I agreed with her and said I would take a large deluxe. She hung up on me!

Last edited:
The oddest ones are the calls you miss; when you call it back a few seconds after it stops ringing it turns out to be a disconnected number.
NEVER call those numbers back. It may be a disguised number transferred to a 900 number in a third world country and you'll end up with a BIG charge on your phone bill.

Auto Transport Service
Back