• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone 'fast' for weight loss or other reasons?

I have been keto since mid April. 30lbs gone and hasn't shown up again. I feel great, think more clearly, and have a helluva lot more energy.

For weight loss, what worked for me was counting calories and weighing/portioning out food. I had a calorie and protein target for the day and in order to meet the targets, I usually wasn't able to fit many carbs or sugars in, but would still find room from time to time for a couple cookies or ice cream. Drinking a protein shake for breakfast keeps me full for most of the day, eat a smaller lunch and have more calories left for a larger dinner. It also opened my eyes to the amount of things that have sugar added. I don't need sugar added to ketchup or pasta sauce for me to like it, so I've been checking labels for that more.

I need to get back at it. I felt much better without the extra weight.

You know I love you like a brother, guess what I'm thinking!!! :poke:. Actually, that after 6 rule, is Actually 7 for me!! You're good!!! :lol:
Just ate a bite size salmon meat ball @ 6:50 and that will be it for the day. Didn't eat much today and let m stomach rumble for awhile before eating a half of a chicken thigh and it was small before that.
Golden Corral should be off limits to anyone who cares about their health.

As a matter of fact, when you see a restaurant full of fat people, eat somewhere else.
The last time at GC here (probably a year ago), I didn't see hardly any one in there that was fat. The food at this one is pretty good and I like to get a small sampling of all the different stuff but yeah, it's tempting as all get out.

& get off the booze/beer, it just wasted calories/sugars/carbs,
might as well just eat a damn cake

cake.jpg

:rofl:

By the way, I do have a degree in Exercise Physiology. I know a little bit about this stuff.

But did you stay at a Holiday Inn last night? Just kidding.:lol:

As a matter of fact, when you see a restaurant full of fat people, eat somewhere else.
TRUTH!!

But if you see LEO or Fire Fighters eating there, TRY IT!! Most of the time you won't be disappointed!! :thumbsup:

What you eat, when you eat it, where you eat, why you eat it. None of that matters. Weight loss is a math problem, nothing more, nothing less. As long as you burn more calories in a over a given period of time than you consume, you will loose weight. It really is that easy.

If you eat 3500 calories day by consuming nothing but chocolate cake but burn 5,000 calories in that same day, you will loose weight. Conversely, if you consume 5,000 calories by eating nothing but carrots, but only burn 3500 calories, you will gain weight.

Now, neither of the examples above are particularly healthy, but that is a different conversation.

There is no difference in a calorie from a carrot or from a piece of chocolate cake. A calorie is nothing more than a unit of measure (the amount of energy it takes to increase 1 kilogram of water by 1 degree).

Set-point-theory does come into play as well. What this is, is your body's genetic predisposition to maintain a certain weight range. We all know people that we can watch down a whole pizza and follow it up with a couple of bowls of ice cream, do this every week, and still be thin as a rail. Others can looks at a package of carrots and gain 5 pounds. Genetics plays a huge role in how we look. While we can make decent changes, those who are genetically predisposed to be on the big side, will never be skinny regardless of how hard they try and vice versa. Our bodies will adjust our BMR to compensate for the amount of food we are consuming to maintain our overall size. At least this is what set-point-theory states, and I have found it to be very sound thinking.

By the way, I do have a degree in Exercise Physiology. I know a little bit about this stuff.
I agree with this except for how you spelled "lose".

01 munkee (2).jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back