• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone got my old 1972 Satellite Sebring? From the Pittsburgh area when I had it.

timk225

Local time
5:04 AM
Reaction score
Way back in the mid 90s, I had a 1972 Satellite Sebring for a couple years. 1995 to 1997 I think it was. It was a decent car, I tuned up the 318 with a 4 barrel and dual exhaust, but never did much else to it. At the time, and for years afterwards, I was exploring the depths of utter brokeness, going from loser job to loser job. I was so broke I couldn't afford to pay attention! Things are much better now.

Eventually I had some problem with the registration expiring and PennDOT telling me I couldn't re-register the car, it made no sense even then but I forget the details, but I ended up selling the car to that old "Uncle Bob" guy in Plum, PA, he lowballed me $100 for the car. Anyone know him? I knew he was ripping me off but at the time, even $100 mattered.

I've never seen or heard anything of it since, who knows if it got sold or scrapped or whatever. Is there any way to look up the VIN and see when it was last registered and to who and where and when?

It was a tan colored car with a tan vinyl roof. Green interior, column automatic.

RH23G2R267218

Its weird, isnt it? I'm looking for a replacement 1971 Sebring-I don't need the exact car, mind you. Plus, they made 70,000 of the damned things, you'd think there'd be a few around. There's only 5000 Roadrunners for those years, but they are everywhere!!And damned expensive!!

Auto Transport Service
Back