• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone have a horn button retainer?

Terry Kitzman

Local time
12:00 AM
Reaction score
Hi, My charger had an aftermarket steering wheel on it when I bought it. I want to put the right one back on, I have the stock steering wheel and the padded horn button but I need the retainer that the horn button attaches to. Does any one have one to sell or know of a place to get one? Thanks, Terry

What kind of stock wheel do you have? Do you have a picture of what the part looks like that you need? I think I have a few extras in my garage.

What kind of stock wheel do you have? Do you have a picture of what the part looks like that you need? I think I have a few extras in my garage.
Here's 4 pics. of what I have, Not sure what else I need. Thank you, Terry

66- charger horn brakes mccormic cult.5-21-18 001.JPG 66- charger horn brakes mccormic cult.5-21-18 002.JPG 66- charger horn brakes mccormic cult.5-21-18 003.JPG 66- charger horn brakes mccormic cult.5-21-18 004.JPG

Here's 4 pics. of what I have, Not sure what else I need. Thank you, Terry

View attachment 608701 View attachment 608702 View attachment 608703 View attachment 608704
Dang Terry, I think I might have one that would work for you......BUT, I'm not sure which one. I went through this myself a few years ago. I found out (the hard way) that there are several different styles of those horn button retainers. It seems like each steering wheel has a slightly different one. If you send me a private message with your phone number (assuming you can get pictures on your phone) I will dig out what I have and send you a picture. I "think" I have two different styles in one of my parts boxes.

Well first of all, what year? 67 had that wheel as an option and the horn switch is different.
The older will not work on 67, I have tried.
67 with out full ring is 2822126
66 3 spoke wheel is 2076543 (I may have one of these if I didn't already give it away)
I attached a diagram pic of what's supposed to be in there. It's generic but insides are accurate.
SteeringCapture.JPG

Mine is a 66. The wheel doesn't have a horn ring, It has a padded horn button. Thanks.

Auto Transport Service
Back