• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone have a plasma LED number for the inner tail lights

Spartycus

Local time
4:27 PM
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

This is one of my first posts on here so thanks for letting me join.

I was looking to switch the tail lights on my 69 Charger to the plasma LED style bulbs. I see plenty of info on the 1157 blinkers but nothing on a replacement for the 1095 inner tail light bulb which doesn’t come on with the brake but just when the driving lights come on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback! So the 1157 will work in the 1095 spot, it just won’t go high when the brakes come on, correct?

That I do not know, if the bulb sockets are the same then yes they'll work .... I quick answer would be try and swap the bulbs that are currently in the car, if the twist in and work then the 1157 plasmas will work for ya

Hi everyone,

This is one of my first posts on here so thanks for letting me join.

I was looking to switch the tail lights on my 69 Charger to the plasma LED style bulbs. I see plenty of info on the 1157 blinkers but nothing on a replacement for the 1095 inner tail light bulb which doesn’t come on with the brake but just when the driving lights come on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Go here to find you bulb designation:

https://www.superbrightleds.com/veh...ehicle-led-lights?make=22&model=536&year=1969

Once you find the bulb designation you'll want to select the vendor for your replacements. Keep in mind 1) some bulbs are polarity sensitive, 2) some reflector housings require 360 degree emitting bulbs to look correct, 3) do not buy "switch-back bulbs, 4) get the highest lumens you can buy in red, 5) Cree bulbs are the best you can buy but their not cheap, 6) bulbs with a "focus" lens on the end do not light the bucket well and 7) for more even and brighter output, paint the inside of the buckets flat white unless they are already chromed. Make sure if you use "oversize bulbs that are taller that they will actually fit in place without contacting the reflector. Amazon has the best selection and the best price.

You might have to call them and talk to someone. 1095's are no longer popular, often not a shelf item. The trick is to get a matching brightness - all supposed to be the same with just running lights. I had to exchange one at SuperBright, the 1157 was off, or defective. Didn't match the rest.

For regular bulbs- you must use a 1095 at the inner position on 69 Chargers. Other bulbs may have a higher candlepower #, and can degrade the lenses with excessive heat.

A number 67 bulb replacement would be closer to out put but smaller globe

Thanks for the info guys. I am trying to find the 1095 equivalent in plasma leds. I tried the super Brites led link and put in 1095 and it gave me 1156 std leds, don’t know about the whole brightness thing yet, trying to find some specs

You don't need a plasma for those, the only plasma bulbs in my car are the 1157's ( brake lamps and front amber marker/ turn signals) .. you'll be fine with standard LED.... BUT, I would be concerned about the brightness of the 2 different bulbs being they're right next to each other ... only 1 way to find out !

Thanks for the input guys. They aren’t cheap so I want to do my homework

Auto Transport Service
Back