• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone have headers on a G4 Ram 2500 5.7?

70chall440

Local time
3:08 PM
Reaction score
I have a 2014 Ram 2500 with a 5.7 and I think I have some broken exhaust manifold studs so I was thinking about putting on some headers. The problem is that evidently there is a difference between a 1500 and a 2500 as many of the header manufacturers state that their 5.7 headers only fit the 1500.

I've been looking at ARH systems but at $2300 its a bit rich for me although I do like the performance gains that they claim. I am now looking to just replace the bolts like many do but understand that I will have to redo it at some point.

Just looking for some opinions, experience, etc. Thanks in advance.

American Racing Headers is what is left of Kooks headers when Kooks went south into North Carolina (IIRC) to continue there biz. Not all of the employees of Kooks was able to make the move into NC. The biz was sold to whom was staying behind on Long Island New York.

There stainless steel headers and design guy use mandrel bending machines. Thick flanges will also be used. They do superior work.

They are expensive but they will out last your grand kids.

Another member here spent $1800 on his stepped headers for his Duster. He is super happy and most stoked. Loves the new power gains that are in his words, most obvious!

If you ever get up that kind of scratch, spend it with them.

Shorty headers are barely better than exhaust manifolds. Never have I seen a set out perform OE manifolds at the point of spending money on them for any type of improvement.

I looked at those and then watched a video on YT stating that there was a leakage issue but they remain an option.

American Racing Headers is what is left of Kooks headers when Kooks went south into North Carolina (IIRC) to continue there biz. Not all of the employees of Kooks was able to make the move into NC. The biz was sold to whom was staying behind on Long Island New York.

There stainless steel headers and design guy use mandrel bending machines. Thick flanges will also be used. They do superior work.

They are expensive but they will out last your grand kids.

Another member here spent $1800 on his stepped headers for his Duster. He is super happy and most stoked. Loves the new power gains that are in his words, most obvious!

If you ever get up that kind of scratch, spend it with them.

Shorty headers are barely better than exhaust manifolds. Never have I seen a set out perform OE manifolds at the point of spending money on them for any type of improvement.

We are on the same page on this issue I think. As I mentioned above I watched a YT video where a guy was comparing his stock manifolds to a set of the JBA headers which he was replacing due to a leak and the fact that where he lives he cannot have headers. He stated that for a DD he felt the stock manifolds sufficed but also said that if "you" want headers to go with long tube like ARH. I like their product I am just not sure they are worth $2300 but I am also not digging having to replace broken bolts every 30K.

Oh and i should add that ARH have a pretty long lead time, 4-6 weeks on the earliest, 10-12 on the other end.

Have you checked with TTI??

I have a 2014 Ram 2500 with a 5.7 and I think I have some broken exhaust manifold studs so I was thinking about putting on some headers. The problem is that evidently there is a difference between a 1500 and a 2500 as many of the header manufacturers state that their 5.7 headers only fit the 1500.

I've been looking at ARH systems but at $2300 its a bit rich for me although I do like the performance gains that they claim. I am now looking to just replace the bolts like many do but understand that I will have to redo it at some point.

Just looking for some opinions, experience, etc. Thanks in advance.
Check out “Ramforumz.com”. Still a site like this, but for Ram trucks

Sorry thread might be a little old, but I am currently trying to find a reasonably priced long tube headers for my 2011 ram 2500. I came across some on ebay called (maximizer and obx), no cats, a little over $1000. Anybody have experience with these.

No experience with them. I never heard of them.
Just, American Racing Headers out of Long Island New York.
They make long tube stainless steel headers and exhaust.
Well worth the price if your interested in making power.

Otherwise there’s JBA, Hedman, Gibson, Flowtech, pace setter and Summit for shorty headers. (Power losers)

TTI I think makes headers for the truck.

Auto Transport Service
Back