• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone Having Problems Downloading Pics?

dude, lower the res on the phone, you don't have any use for 4mb images on a phone

dude, lower the res on the phone, you don't have any use for 4mb images on a phone
I've had this phone for two years and never messed with the resolution. Everything that I have documented on my build is set at this resolution and I'll share pics quite a bit. Never had a problem on here or anywhere else.

Been surfing on here and I'm noticing I'm not the only one having this problem!

Been surfing on here and I'm noticing I'm not the only one having this problem!

I didn't say you were. Its a setting I'll get the server guy to fix tomorrow.

I've had this phone for two years and never messed with the resolution.

What you don't realize is very few forums actually show a 4mb image - which means I have to use server resources to resize the image. Why? Because it would take a member forever to load a thread full of 4mb photos.

What you don't realize is very few forums actually show a 4mb image - which means I have to use server resources to resize the image. Why? Because it would take a member forever to load a thread full of 4mb photos.

I do realize that resizing takes place when uploading a pic. That's why I'm not changing my resolution when I want high quality pics for my own use. Years ago I used a program to resize my pics so I could share on the Internet because the site or sites stated what the limit was. If the site has its own program why bother resizing. If you think it's better for the servers then set a limit.

I didn't say you were. Its a setting I'll get the server guy to fix tomorrow.

I appreciate it Joey! And we all really commend you for all of your efforts. :thumbsup:

IMG_20170918_182725.jpg
IMG_20170918_182551.jpg
IMG_20170918_162705.jpg

nope having no issues so far :thumbsup::popcorn:

I'll get this error once in awhile. If I make an adjustment of any kind to the picture it will normally take it. This is a picture that I took. I've tried every way to download it and it won't take it?
20171116_094118.png

Downloaded this screen shot ok.

What does it mean?

Were you signed in? If your machine did a restart after update during the night then it might have signed you out.

Were you signed in? If your machine did a restart after update during the night then it might have signed you out.
I was signed in. I refreshed the page, that didn't work. I even signed out then back on, that didn't work. I resized my picture, that will normally work. This happens once in a while and normally it's a picture that I got online. I downloaded about 20 pics last night that I had taken with no problems.

Going to try it again.

I thought I would go out and take the picture again and see what happens. (A pic of my back yard) Then I took a picture of the tree in my back yard. The new back yard pic still won't download, I get the security error but the pic of the tree works fine. Too much green in the back yard pic?

20171116_153100.jpg

What OS are you using to take the pics? MAC? It might be that as a security error. Ask Joey what the security errors usually mean.

What OS are you using to take the pics? MAC? It might be that as a security error. Ask Joey what the security errors usually mean.
Not sure what OS it is. It's taken with my android phone. I even took a "screen shot" of it just to try and post it and that won't work either. The pic is mostly green in color is the only thing I'm thinking that's making it sensitive to the downloading on here. No biggie...

download.jpeg

even though they are saved in your drive they have to be downloaded into your gallery before they can be selected and uploaded to fbbo

View attachment 540174
even though they are saved in your drive they have to be downloaded into your gallery before they can be selected and uploaded to fbbo
Thats where they are. This is the only pic I've ever had that won't download on here, no matter what I do to it. I'm not worried about it anymore.

Not sure what OS it is. It's taken with my android phone. I even took a "screen shot" of it just to try and post it and that won't work either. The pic is mostly green in color is the only thing I'm thinking that's making it sensitive to the downloading on here. No biggie...

OS means operating system...

Android is your OS...

And being green would have nothing to do with it

Auto Transport Service
Back