• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone know where to get a reproduction Vin Tag?

Nope the Vin Tag is the only place on a 66 that has that number. There are SO#'s on rad support and under rear bumper but you would have to have the broadcast sheet to connect the two.

That being said I found a guy that reproduces the VIN plate and stamps them $295 for the plate and another $300 to stamp plus $8 dollars to ship. So $603 to fix my problem!!! I could have thought of a lot better ways to spend that kind of money but whatever.

View attachment 711878 View attachment 711880

hi ... would like to know who this is with the Vin tag service ... thanks

Nope the Vin Tag is the only place on a 66 that has that number. There are SO#'s on rad support and under rear bumper but you would have to have the broadcast sheet to connect the two.

That being said I found a guy that reproduces the VIN plate and stamps them $295 for the plate and another $300 to stamp plus $8 dollars to ship. So $603 to fix my problem!!! I could have thought of a lot better ways to spend that kind of money but whatever.

View attachment 711878 View attachment 711880

hi ... would like to get a plate for my 61 plymouth ...if you could help that would be great ...

I thought the pic you posed was "RH23H..."

Never mind that's 67 VIN
Where did 67 vins come into play here?

EDIT sorry didn't realize this thread was long dead.

Last edited:
Yea I get it that there's a stigma to reproducing VIN tags
5vk9h2.jpg

:mob:

Man I love it when posts like this pop up, so much entertainment... Here you have a guy who owns a car, has the documentation and needs a plate which he found a sources for and confirmed the legality with his local DMV and yet the haters come flying out... :rofl:

Imagine a world where a woman can wear VIN Tag Earrings just to piss guys off.

The funny thing is... all these numbers were put on the car to help law enforcement identify stolen cars and drivetrains. My ‘70 ‘Cuda and Charger both have that stupid column mounted key steering wheel lock, required that year by the Feds. I guess they also had to be in reverse to get the key out. That **** was missing when I bought them in the 80’s. I did bypass the clutch pedal ground switch, and I guess they had key in buzzers... if they’re there, they never worked. The previous owners took care of them.:D

The funny thing is... all these numbers were put on the car to help law enforcement identify stolen cars and drivetrains.
:thumbsup: agreed.

If people would keep their hands to themselves, and not touch other people's property, we would never need locks.

I hate carrying keys around.

Sorry been out for awhile. I used this guy. Perfect match to original. I don't care what anyone else thinks. This car is insured for over 100k and if I were to ever need to make a claim on it, the first thing the insurance company wants to see is if the VIN matches the car they have a policy on. That's really the reason why I did it.

Nostalgic Reflections Reproductions
https://www.nostalgicreflections.com/

His Ebay page with the correct tag.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/203384407938?hash=item2f5aa7c782:g:4c4AAOSw4fZbUsDH

Well I can understand both sides. Reasonable arguments for both. Problem with everything and anything is there is always someone trying to take advantage. If the person who needs/gets a replacement Vin tag or fender tag is upfront and full disclosure as to why when how etc the replacement label/tag was procured I wouldn't personally have a problem. Unfortunately not everyone agrees and this is why rules vary from state to state even though it's a federal law.

A legitimate reproduction should be allowed. The case being discussed here could certainly apply to someone with a high performance 68-71 model which would otherwise have an ugly state issued VIN tag affixed that would seriously hinder the prospects of a future sale.

Auto Transport Service
Back