• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone near Portland Ore that can eyeball a car?

ckessel

Local time
2:13 AM
Reaction score
There is a 67 Coronet wagon for sale at Matthews Memory Lane I'm contemplating about buying. They are going to send me some photos of the underside of the car so I can potentially see if there are any rust issues going on. There are some issues noted when the emailed back to me, but it would be appreciated if someone with a good eye for issues could check this rascal out. Take it for a drive too, watch for brake and suspension issues etc. I'm wanting a good, mechanically sound driver. Don't mind doing updates etc in the future[ brakes/suspension/steering etc] but I already have a project car to focus on. I would like to avoid a long drive just to see a turd. Thank you bro's!
1967 Dodge Coronet Station Wagon

Pretty kool old wagon.

I can put eyes on this wagon and drive it @ckessel , but I'm no body expert. I check over my own purchases but would be hesitant to be the one deciding whether or not this meets your standards. I can report what I see and look over anything you ask about, but I wouldn't want to green light your purchase based on my knowledge. Let me know if I can help you out. I can bring another guy with me that has more experience as well.

Retirement doesn't suck!

Thank you for that. I'll let you know if it's getting closer to a go. Should have some underneath shots this coming week which will help.

Thank you for that. I'll let you know if it's getting closer to a go. Should have some underneath shots this coming week which will help.
did you get it? Love it when a member is willing to help out a brother.
1696784276557.jpeg

Not yet, waiting for more info/photos from the dealer. In the meantime I got word of a 64 Valiant wagon that I'm going to check on.

Matthews sent some pics of the underside of the 67. Looks great. Didn't see any signs of 4 wheeling, heavy rust out etc. On the 21st, I'm heading to Van Nuys to check things out at the Fall Fling. If I find something there, thats way closer than Portland. If not, I'll pm you for a hands on visual if you are still offering.

There is a 67 Coronet wagon for sale at Matthews Memory Lane I'm contemplating about buying. They are going to send me some photos of the underside of the car so I can potentially see if there are any rust issues going on. There are some issues noted when the emailed back to me, but it would be appreciated if someone with a good eye for issues could check this rascal out. Take it for a drive too, watch for brake and suspension issues etc. I'm wanting a good, mechanically sound driver. Don't mind doing updates etc in the future[ brakes/suspension/steering etc] but I already have a project car to focus on. I would like to avoid a long drive just to see a turd. Thank you bro's!
1967 Dodge Coronet Station Wagon
I do like that black wagon. Holeee crap that is a good deal.
Valiant wagon ???

1 huh 3.jpg

Valiant is not my first choice but I do like the one the Renteria Bros out of Morgan Hill used for the support car on the 64 Valiant 4 door pro mod. Black, lowered, teal interior. Nice looking ride. The B units give me better upgrade options though. Plus its the same platform as my 65 of course.

The Coronet gives you the option to tow something should the need arise. If you sell your truck, you might consider that.
I wouldn't tow anything much bigger than a riding lawn mower with an A body.

Thats another reason I want the B over the A. Add in the very tight confines in the engine bay. If I do end up needing to tow with it, I'll make a hitch up and put a pair of bags on the diff of leveling.

I'll pm you for a hands on visual if you are still offering.

I'm available. I'm pretty busy screwing off this time of year: A week in Vancouver, BC over Thanksgiving, a week in Vegas and Sedona over Xmas, deer season opened Saturday and Elk season at the end of the month. Other than that, I'm just projecting around the hacienda. I would enjoy the distraction. Plus, it would be an excuse to have lunch with my buddy and former business partner that is in late stage, early onset alzheimers. He lives on that side of the river.

Last edited:
Will do, thank you. When are you going to Vegas? SEMA show?

Wagons are always TRICK!!! Like this one and the price is attractive also. Well taken care of for a small block. Other than the twin Howitzer exhaust tips look...turndowns would look far better IMHO...I would be all over that in a heartbeat. Good Luck with your purchase...cr8crshr/Bill :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

That exhaust looks like a future replacement. Rusty and don't dig the muff's or tips. If I get it, need to ground the fuel sender wire and see which is not working. Then check a/c. Not too worried about a/c, fuel gauge is more important. Will see which direction I go after Saturday.

Auto Transport Service
Back