• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone near Texas Tech / Lubbock?

Triplegreen500

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:38 PM
Reaction score
Michelle's daughter is getting ready to head that way. Just got accepted for the fall. Plan is for her to drive her 210k mile 08 v6 Dakota...it's...ok, but we're currently going through some clutch issues and once sorted there won't be much time to shake it down before the trip.

New clutch, new flywheel, new hydraulics. It's all new...but after you drive for 20 min or so, it won't go into gear at a stop. Like something heats up and swells or something. No noises, shifts fine when cold, 30mph in 5th you can mat the gas and no slipping...just a weird heat-up thing after you drive a while.

Anyway..if anyone is in the area, I'd love for her to have some Mopar resources since I'll be 1000+ miles away. She's a good kid, smart, common sense...but not a mechanic.

Last edited:
Not familiar with that vehicle. But, I have a question. If it just sits there and idles for the same amount of time, will the symptom occur ?

Not familiar with that vehicle. But, I have a question. If it just sits there and idles for the same amount of time, will the symptom occur ?
Not that I've noticed. There were 3 clutches available, a 12" or one of two 11". I'm wondering if something got mixed up, as it is an 11"... Turn it off, even hot, and it snicks right into gear. Cold, shifts smooth and quiet. Hot and running though? The shifter practically bends as you try and 2-hand it into reverse. It's weird. No grinding...it just won't go.

Throw out play on the crank, end play. Pry the crank between the block and the harmonic balancer, there should be no play obviously. If there is, there you have it.

Auto Transport Service
Back