• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone running an Edelbrock Performer 383 (not RPM)

roadrunnerh

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:03 PM
Reaction score
I am in the home stretch of my 383 swap and I'm running into trouble with my factory throttle cable bracket not lining up. I'm using the factory '68 three piece kickdown setup.
I don't want to use an aftermarket bracket (like the one for the RPM) as I would need to use a carb spacer. What did you guys use? Thanks for any help!

throttle cable bracket.PNG

You have a 2bbl bracket. It moves the Cable clamp onboard. Now with a 4 bbl it doesn’t line up. So go buy a 4 bbl bracket or cut and weld that one.

and that top kickdown rod is bent to go inboard more, so bend that straighter, but then it might be too long.

So you may need to buy a shorter and straighter rod for that.

There is an adapter that attaches to your carburetor, it’s available from Edelbrock on Summit.

D38B9AF9-D3AF-4A53-8C18-07C70258387D.jpeg

First mistake I made was thinking the 2 Bbl and 4 Bbl brackets were the same. My three piece setup came off a '68 383 Polara - now I know, 2Bbl. Thanks guys! I knew if I posted here someone would know better!
...to be continued. Gotta get the correct bracket!

if you want, make your own spacer, vs buying from Edel. 1/4"x28 bolt and bi-threaded "turnbuckle" connector. Saw of head of bolt, interpose in linkage, and adjust shift points!

The spacer is needed because it moves the location of the pin To the correct spot for the linkages to work properly.

Auto Transport Service
Back