• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone Seen This Coronet Up Close?

I believe someone looking for the car of their dreams should create an account at BaT and then set alerts for the cars they are interested in buying. Meanwhile, while you wait for an alert, look over the prior auction results (with descriptions and pictures), as well as the historical charts.

https://bringatrailer.com/

Appreciate all this feedback. The heater hoses were immediately evident to me. I have posed the question to the shop since their sales guy said the heat works (how?). I also picked up on the pentastar immediately. I get the point about the roof seam, but with a different video that they sent me I don't see the same issue, so it could be lighting in the pics. I assume that "white" Bee was put on after the repaint that they clearly have a record of from some years ago. Don't know enough to know why the jack is wrong. And wasn't able to see about the e-brake, but I have a full third party inspection scheduled, so that should be picked up on if an issue.

This is what a correct jack looks like. Not a blue finger/slot type jack.

FOR SALE - 1968-1969 Dodge Plymouth B-body Jack Assembly Date Code 8M | For B Bodies Only Classic Mopar Forum

Agree, this appears to be a real A12 car, but with a LOT of issues. While I was looking at the photos, a number of the issues I noted have now been posted by others.

What I saw in addition to others already mentioned......

1. Pentastar on driver's side, BIG no no.
2. Dimmer switch rubber grommet, eeeehh.
3. Totally wrong type of Jack assembly in trunk.
4. Wrong horn ring pad on steering wheel. (its a '70 style, not '69)
5. No shoulder belt harness installed and/or coat hooks.

May have been a couple of others as well, but I've forgotten them now. The point is, this car is NOT even close to correct. Buyer beware!

Agree, this appears to be a real A12 car, but with a LOT of issues. While I was looking at the photos, a number of the issues I noted have now been posted by others.

What I saw in addition to others already mentioned......

1. Pentastar on driver's side, BIG no no.
2. Dimmer switch rubber grommet, eeeehh.
3. Totally wrong type of Jack assembly in trunk.
4. Wrong horn ring pad on steering wheel. (its a '70 style, not '69)
5. No shoulder belt harness installed and/or coat hooks.

May have been a couple of others as well, but I've forgotten them now. The point is, this car is NOT even close to correct. Buyer beware!
Appreciate the extra feedback. Doesn't have to be a completely correct car, as I am more about driving and having a good time (although that feels like a pretty steep price for that). I would also be willing to put some effort into cleaning up some of these issues. The most infuriating for me is actually that extra pentastar since removing that would obviously leave a hole in the side. Such a stupid little thing. Thanks for the catch on the shoulder belts. Have to investigate that dimmer switch issue also.

The driver seat adjustment knob is missing also.....they are hard to find. And looking at the angle of rearward inclination, I dare say that the seat bumper washers are either missing or flogged out.

upload_2022-2-2_11-43-7.png

....and I would be paying close attention to the roof steel under the vinyl in this area.....looks a bit funky in the pictures

upload_2022-2-2_11-47-24.png

I think it pretty crusty underneath in some places. Nice spray bomb job to color it.

Missed a spot...
1969-dodge-coronet-a12-super-bee.jpeg

Flake of rust showing in hole.
1969-dodge-coronet-a12-super-bee (2).jpeg

Yes it's over fifty years old but closer inspection is needed.

Appreciate the extra feedback. Doesn't have to be a completely correct car, as I am more about driving and having a good time (although that feels like a pretty steep price for that). I would also be willing to put some effort into cleaning up some of these issues. The most infuriating for me is actually that extra pentastar since removing that would obviously leave a hole in the side. Such a stupid little thing. Thanks for the catch on the shoulder belts. Have to investigate that dimmer switch issue also.

Yeah, being a real A12 car is the most important thing, but all the "little" things add up and just make you wonder about the quality of workmanship (or lack of it) throughout the whole car. Like the dimmer switch with the grommet, NOT a big deal but most say they didn't have a grommet from the factory, others will say that is correct. So, again it isn't a big deal unless you are after factory correct in every way. Sounds as if that isn't a high priority for you, but with all the little things, you have to start asking yourself whether the car is really worth that price? If you're lucky, maybe they used one of the "stick on" pentastars on the driver's side and there won't be a hole in the fender? Good luck and just be sure to check it out thoroughly in person before you write that check. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Dimmer switch grommet comes (or at least came) with every replacement carpet sold in the '80's/'90's... probably still does. They look okay if you put the large ring INSIDE the carpet not out. Factory just cut a hole.

As KKid has pointed out, it's a crusty beast underneath. Look at the E brake cable that's been quickly oversprayed, rust coming out of springs etc. No wonder the Ebrake main cable isn't hooked up, they're afraid someone with step on the pedal and lock up those cables and brakes.

Dimmer switch grommet comes (or at least came) with every replacement carpet sold in the '80's/'90's... probably still does. They look okay if you put the large ring INSIDE the carpet not out. Factory just cut a hole.

As KKid has pointed out, it's a crusty beast underneath. Look at the E brake cable that's been quickly oversprayed, rust coming out of springs etc. No wonder the Ebrake main cable isn't hooked up, they're afraid someone with step on the pedal and lock up those cables and brakes.

Yes, they still come with the carpets. At least the last couple that I bought had them (about 10 yrs ago now). That black sprayed underside is almost ALWAYS a dead giveaway that someone is trying to hide something.

Update on this Super Bee: Had a real third party inspection completed today. Seeing the current pictures from the inspector before even reading the full report convinced me to maybe steer clear. The report affirmed that. The body on this car is full of problems (and bondo). The earliest comment about problems under the vinyl top were spot on. Inspector said obvious rust forming under the top. Just a ton of problems. Said the engine looks great on top and is a disaster underneath. No way I can justify paying the price for this car knowing that I'm probably staring at 10s of thousands of more dollars to refresh this thing.

And so my search will continue. I will return my focus to my desired 69 Road Runner.

Thanks to all of you guys for the honest feedback. I'm not sensitive so I can take it.

I looked at this car last week and took it for a test drive. Looks like some rust down in the trunk pan that needs to be cleaned up. The ignition switch was very troublesome with the key. TicTock clock was inop. There was a new heater core in a box in the trunk so I'm guessing that there was a leak and they just capped it off for now. There also appears to be a fairly good oil leak, trans leak and possibly a coolant leak when I looked underneath. It has some things that need addressing and I do agree that it looks like the underside looked worse than the top view of the powerplant. Good luck and enjoy!

It’s easy to spend 5-10 grand fixing little things on any car, no matter how nice it is. Ask me how I know.

I hope it is with someone who will enjoy it. Time will tell if it is truly sold.

D

Someone needs their spray bottle of Armorall taken away from them!

Aftermarket radiator painted with a brush, no heater hoses generally = leaking heater core, you can see the C pillar seam under the vinyl top at the quarter panel to roof junction, pentastar on the drivers fender, bee circle shouldn't be White, wrong jack, ebrake is not hooked up, front suspension is a perfumed pig.
Remember the Horrors you helped me thru on my A12 just last year or so ago? The dash wiring Packard connection? Nacho's overhelping? I sold it last month, hated to but? The survivor GTX I now have is so much nicer.. ON HIGHWAYS!

old thread from back in Feb.

someone liked it
says Sold $79,999 now
IIRC

'being real' & #s mathching would be #1,
that's what you're paying for
the rest could be done over time

I'd be worried more about what's been covered up
you can't see

not going to get a perfect car for $79k or near perfect
should be better, but don't know in todays $$$/prices
depends on where you live or buy too