• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone sold/bought a house lately??

it's a seller's market, especially out here

interest rates %'s are really low too

you're probably going to be buying elsewhere
at the peak of the market, for the moment too
you may get top dollar for yours but will pay top dollar for the next too
albeit, it may be in a different or sometimes better place
but it will still be relatively in the high of the market right now
so it goes both ways

but;
if you are financing it
you can't get a whole lot cheaper
then what the % interest rate is now

moving sucks

renters usually suck too,
probably going to get rid of them too

seems I move every 10 or so years,
I keep going a lil' farther east
until my last move, I'm going on 16 years here now,
when you find a good place, you seem to put up with more
I really like my neighbors & the lil' community I live in now

Last edited:
With the mass exit of people from CA. and I'm sure there's lots of vacant homes not sold, this just boggles my mind. And with your post #14, you certainly got the much better end of the deal for staying there. I'm looking to buy and move further East, hopefully in 21. Good Luck

Don't know why your wrong but your wrong.... Houses in my area sell in a couple days max... Doesn't matter if it's a $250K POS in the rough part of town or a three million dollar estate... They sell quick....

Congrats, but the downside to selling your house quickly is that you'll be on the other end of looking with reduced inventory and paying over asking price.

Hope the GTX isn’t next.

Don't know why your wrong but your wrong.... Houses in my area sell in a couple days max... Doesn't matter if it's a $250K POS in the rough part of town or a three million dollar estate... They sell quick....
Like I said, I don't get it and it boggles my mind how the market works, esp. like that when people are leaving. I hope the freeloaders aren't moving in?

Just sold my shop and iam getting ready to put my house on the market. Going to move onto the home place to help my parents.

Hope the GTX isn’t next.
It just might be. I had it in a temporary indoor storage for 2 months during all of this. When I picked it up the other day I needed gas and as I logged how much it took I saw that I have put gas in her exactly 3 times since the beginning of 2019!!! Im thinking maybe I should get what I can now out of it before you know who causes everyone to go broke and shuts off the fuel supply!

I bought this house in Viet Nam last year. Most Viet houses are not this nice. I paid 150k , 4 bdr, 4 bath. About 2400sf. Would be over 500k here. I'm happy. It even comes with a Girlfriend.
IMG_20191017_071025.jpg
IMG_20191017_073144.jpg
IMG_20191017_073214.jpg
IMG_20191026_165652.jpg

Very nice Mitch, but looking at the bruise on her ankle, all I can say is not to tie her up as tightly next time.

Many have not done the miles this year. Nowhere to go.

We have been in the same home since 92 , Now days its just the 2 of us in a 4 bed 2 bath 2 story. 2 car garage
92 we paid 35k now its worth 3x that going by our tax bill.
Kids think we should sell and down size.
We looked around in the past and could see that what we make on the sale of our home would be needed to complete the purchase of a nice smaller home in todays market.
I our case we would just end up trading homes so for us it makes sense to just stay here and not have to deal with moving LOL.

Auto Transport Service
Back