• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone tried this?

dryheat

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:56 PM
Reaction score
I have been kicking around the idea of of some custom dash work ... specifically a carbon fiber overlay on the original 64 Polara bezels.

I came across this site and was just wondering if anyone had tried this what the results were ...

http://www.hydrosmith.com/patterns.html

Thanks ...

I have been kicking around the idea of of some custom dash work ... specifically a carbon fiber overlay on the original 64 Polara bezels.

I came across this site and was just wondering if anyone had tried this what the results were ...

http://www.hydrosmith.com/patterns.html

Thanks ...

I haven't tried this company specifically but I have seen this process applied on an Air Cleaner and something else under the hood to look like Carbon Fiber and it was pretty impressive. The owner seemed very satisfied with the results.

I just bought some carbon fiber overlay last week & put it on a custom dash panel for my 70 Bee. They offered several different styles. Black,white,yellow, but I went with a stainless look. Il post a pic when I get a chance. Im satisfied with it and its actually a vinyl overlay that will not fade over time. I first built my panel out of aluminum & polished it, but over time without a coating of some kind it will haze over & need re-polishing.

Last edited:
CAM00101.jpgCAM00100.jpgIv been trying to get my custom dash panel pics to load correctly. So here is another try......

That really does look nice. I called the guy and talked to him about the process and he wasn't to thrilled about the ribs on the original bezels. He has never done one but is willing to do a sample for me. I think I'll take my radio delete plate to him and see how it comes out.

Auto Transport Service
Back