• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone using vintage Air in their 71?

It is the kit for the e body. I had to piece the non ac kit with the ac kit.if you need I will look for the invoice so you will know what I used.

You are right. I wanted ac and wanted it to look like it came in the car so like everything else you have to make it what you want.

You are right. I wanted ac and wanted it to look like it came in the car so like everything else you have to make it what you want.

You did a good job on it, if you come across the invoice I would interested in what parts you used. Did you use an E body HVAC box? My deal at the moment is that I do not have a box or the control panel, however I do have a lead on I believe both but these would be stock units. I am interested in trying to convert the stock system if that is possible.

I used the e body box. At first I thought that the firewall was the same but found out it was not. I believe that it is the Gen 4 housing.

20200104_093352.jpg 20200314_184249.jpg

This Is my Vintage Air Invoice. There were a couple of things that I didn't use.

Attachments

• VAIRINV857821120320190456320pdf_201017_135517.pdf
    16.6 KB · Views: 110
Thanks for posting all that it really helps. I will give it some thought as to what I want to do. I just found out that the guy I bought the car from found the heater box.

I don't but to be honest I am not all that concerned about using R134. I am still researching options, I was told that a 70 B Body system would work or could be made to work. I am wondering what is entailed in converting or using the factory box and controls with a modern compressor, new lines and condenser, etc.

Auto Transport Service
Back