• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are 413 .030 pistons still available?

62maxx

Local time
12:09 PM
Reaction score
I was thinking about rebuilding my 413 but I am not finding any .030 pistons. Are they still available?

Thanks!

If you can't find something...... you might try Egge Machine in Cali, and I'm sure they can make anything you want. Probably not cheap......... but its an option for you.

I know I don’t have any more —- but I have a few old school sources that MAY have *** N.O.S. *** ***U.S.A.Made*** Pistons….

P.M. me, if interested—- I will investigate….
Craig….

Last edited:
I would check the compression height.
On my 413 stock replacement pistons gave me around 9:1 with 906 heads, IIRC.

^^^ $ 677 for a set = $ 84.42 each piston ^^^

That is a chunk… —- I F —- any of my sources have a set in stock, it won’t be that much …. And, they would be
*** N.O.S. *** U.S.A. Made *** —— one of yesteryears’ brands —- TRW, Sealed Power, Badger, etc., etc…..

P. M. me , as per forum rules, if interested.... Craig....

Last edited:
^^^ $ 677 for a set = $ 84.42 each piston ^^^

That is a chunk… —- I F —- any of my sources have a set in stock, it won’t be that much …. And, they would be
*** N.O.S. *** U.S.A. Made *** —— one of yesteryears’ brands —- TRW, Sealed Power, Badger, etc., etc…..
Ummm, Egge makes their pistons themselves, in the USA!

^^^ I didn’t say they didn’t —- they are in California ^^^
( I have known of them for 50 years —- their price structure leaves them as (over) Retail , ONLY…. )

Most custom piston manufacturers will make that size
for you.
I have never encountered a problem with getting the pistons made any size
that i requested. But the problem occurs when you need to by the rings to fit an
odd side bore. I have never found even a top custom ring manufacturer
(Like Race Rings that I use) to be able to generate rings for odd size bores, let
alone find anything off the shelf.
That being said = 413 030 rings should be available as that is not that odd a size
What would that be 4.2175 off the top of my head?

Last edited:
To be honest?.......
I'd sonic check the block, and if it passes, I'd bore it .0625 to 4.25 for rings availability..... and 426 inches.
If you can find 413 pistons, 426 pistons should be easier.

THANKS everyone for your input! I really appreciate it! All of your information will point me into the right direction. :thankyou:

The Ebay pistons in post#2 look like a good answer, including the rings.
Egge is a good LAST resort, (familiar, needing straight eight engine parts, lol) but for the money they are asking for their cast pistons, I'd get some custom forged first. Just about any custom piston shop could fix you up with something much stronger and lighter than some cast ashtrays.

Auto Transport Service
Back